• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange print issue

hotboxdp

Has anyone got an clue as to what is causing this? I'm using Flexi and production manager and printing to Mutoh VJ 1204. Seems to happen more towards the end of the print.

Attachments

• 20210724_133517.jpg
    20210724_133517.jpg
    656 KB · Views: 200
  • 20210724_133357.jpg
    20210724_133357.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 20210724_133352.jpg
    20210724_133352.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • 20210724_133129.jpg
    20210724_133129.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 136
  • 20210724_132844.jpg
    20210724_132844.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 140

karst41

If you are referring to the "Steps"?

I have had this before, It is Noise from a hidden layer in the Art, and sometimes
removing it can be a pure B 'ish!

Go to the drawing board and with the selection pointer click and drao the pointer so that it captures
the individual image. You should then see EVERY Vectored Path. zoom into the problematic area and
Identify the object. If you can not determine Exactly then then turn off the Fills so you see only the paths.
Sometimes the pat tool can be useful to click a point and start deleting noisy layer.

Now that you have identified, you must be very careful here.
Zoom out a bit and "Show Fills". Select the layer that is causing the issue and delete it.

! CAUTION !
Sometimes one a complicated Pictorial like a 53' Trailer wrap for a Food Company.
It will have photos and text and backgrounds, logos and all kinds of things going on.
When you delete the useless problem layer, it causes a drastic issue, and an even worse problem.

If I can not combine it or weld it to fix it the Art must be REJECTED or a fix made by the client.

I am probably Wrong, but when I encounter this 'ISH those are the steps I take, because I do not have
good skills with illustrator. BUT in Illustrator you would go to the Layers to see exactly what is going on.

Cheers

PS.
sometimes, it can be quicker and easier to redraw the file from scratch.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
If you are referring to the "Steps"?

I have had this before, It is Noise from a hidden layer in the Art, and sometimes
removing it can be a pure B 'ish!

Go to the drawing board and with the selection pointer click and drao the pointer so that it captures
the individual image. You should then see EVERY Vectored Path. zoom into the problematic area and
Identify the object. If you can not determine Exactly then then turn off the Fills so you see only the paths.
Sometimes the pat tool can be useful to click a point and start deleting noisy layer.

Now that you have identified, you must be very careful here.
Zoom out a bit and "Show Fills". Select the layer that is causing the issue and delete it.

! CAUTION !
Sometimes one a complicated Pictorial like a 53' Trailer wrap for a Food Company.
It will have photos and text and backgrounds, logos and all kinds of things going on.
When you delete the useless problem layer, it causes a drastic issue, and an even worse problem.

If I can not combine it or weld it to fix it the Art must be REJECTED or a fix made by the client.

I am probably Wrong, but when I encounter this 'ISH those are the steps I take, because I do not have
good skills with illustrator. BUT in Illustrator you would go to the Layers to see exactly what is going on.

Cheers

PS.
sometimes, it can be quicker and easier to redraw the file from scratch.
Another way of doing this in Illustrator, but not exact is Ctrl + Y; Non-shortcut way is View > Outline mode, some also call it wireframe.

As for OP's original post, not familiar with Mutoh's but just looking at it, it looks like it may be a pinch roller problem. Does this happen on only longer prints? Files of a specific sort? Certain Colors? Certain Material? Any more info would be beneficial.

If you think it may be the file, save it as a TIFF, this will flatten the image and layers and will take out any of those pesky hidden things.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would clean the encoder disk behind the left side cover. It might be skipping due to a grease smudge or ink/dust build up on the disc.