• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stray Marks in Print

Hey guys, my Mutoh 1604 just started doing this here recently. I have since ran a cleaning cycle, clean around the print head and performed all basic cleaning around the head, wiper, etc. Anyone dealt with something like this and can point me in a direction of how to correct?

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, but you can see color change in the print but especially on like "white areas" where no ink is being laid down, blue marks, dots, streaks are being left.

Media is 3m IJ35.

Thanks

Attachments

• Stray_1.jpg
    Stray_1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Stray_2.jpg
    Stray_2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 70
Thanks for the advice guys - I did a clean and then cleaned the head manually and wiped everything down. Printed 10 posters, seemed to do fine after that but not 100% sure yet. Tomorrow i'll come in and soak the head and do some more cleaning on it.

Need to change the wiper too, ordered a new one..anything to changing it? Never changed it before. Thanks.

This will set you back one but you will be surprised when I'm correct. STATIC. I'm in south Fl. and with our great humidity we do not see much of this. Over the last week we have had very little humidity and tons of static. My VJ-1614 was printing some pretty wild stuff one day and the nex was back to perfect. It looks like overspray but it is all over the place. You really notice it in the white spots.

I figured this out about a year ago. I had a customer with a VJ-1604. He would try to print a backlit I sell. One day it was perfect, the next looked like this. We tried the dryer sheets and grounding the machine to a direct ground. I tried static tensil from my offset side. Nothing would help. I suggested he buy the static cord with the magnets but he would not spend the $$$$. I hear they work great. Good luck. We got rain today so maybe Monday she will print great.

Speaking of Static..everything I touched in the shop the past couple days shocked me, and this has been happening about that long. Never would have thought of that, but..quite possibly the reason. I'm covering all the bases just in case. Thanks guys!

Compilla

Check the humidity level, under 20% humidity can cause a static charge that will cause overspray or random nozzle strays.

Consider introducing a humidifier in the environment.