• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate delivery in Upstate NY

TrueAmericanSigns

I am new to the sign biz, can anyone recommend a substrate supplier that would be willing to deliver materials once a week on the west side of Albany, NY? NEPCO out of RI delivers once a week to another sign shop only 28miles from us but they won't service the extra travel :(

Thanks for any input:thankyou:

fmg

Shame Nepco are a great company to deal with.
Try Garston or Grimco maybe they will deliver.

TrueAmericanSigns

Shame Nepco are a great company to deal with.
Try Garston or Grimco maybe they will deliver.

I even offered NEPCO additional diesel fuel charge to go the additional 30 miles? I'll give Grimco a call, Garston said they won't deliver to the Capital area.

Thanks!

Malkin

You could try New England Sign Supply out of Woburn Mass
or
Hart Supply out of Hingham Mass

I like NEPCO as well, but since I am out of their service area I only get things via UPS.

Custom Bob

John if you have an upscale lumber yard in your area they should stock or be able to get MDO. We have Kingsboro Lumber in Gloversville, NY ( about 10-12 miles or North of Thruway exit 28.) that stocks it, but that's a bit far for you. I think there is a place in Albany that carries it, but I can't remember there name. I believe they we're on or near Railroad Ave.
Glantz carries it and might deliver to you, but they only deliver local once a week.

adkmaid

curtis lumber will deliver they have MDO but you might have to order 5x10, n.glantz delivers with their own van. curbell plastics will ship, they are located somewhere west of us they use to be in Latham, soo convenient. If you are looking for lumber to laminate cedar or redwood try Holbrook think they are still on rr ave dont know, curtis has lotsa nice cedar.
My question to you is, Dont you have a truck? If not you are gonna need one to transport all this crap around and deliveries. But if I see a 4x8 sign strapped to a Honda roof I will know who it is. LOL just kidding.:rock-n-roll: