• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sudden charge shows up from EON MEDIA LLC for $5

netsol

Premium Subscriber
I can't imagine paul not straightening this out.
Kind of concerning that he has not been on the site for that length of time.
Hopefully, everything is alright with him

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Hmmm, reminds me of Joker malware from a few yrs ago. You do your forum looking thru your phone?

Never..... I do very very little on a phone. I avoid apps if at all possible as well as I'm not fond of apps spying on me or wanting crazy permissions. Prior to my sign business I was in an IT career for 15+ years, which I know does not mean much really but I am am vigilant about not clicking email links, installing things from unknown (or even not very well known) sources, etc.

WildWestDesigns

I avoid apps if at all possible as well as I'm not fond of apps spying on me or wanting crazy permissions.
Well let's be fair here, most mainstream OSs (regardless if talking about mobile or desktop) are far worse in this area compared to the apps (not to say that apps are the fount of privacy and security, but even if it is more of a mental thing, it seems worse when OSs do it and with very little user input, typically part of the various terms that people agree to to even use the device from the get go) themselves and only getting worse about it, ironically all parties do this on the user's data dime.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Update on this for anyone curious. Amex gave me a phone number to call so I did and he answered. He looked in the system and he was also unable to determine how the charge came to be. My account did not have any premium features or anything yet it was there. He refunded the charge and made sure than no sort of recurring subscription was active. So all good. Maybe it was a glitch in the card processor, Stripe. Anyways he was really nice on the phone, happy to help and took care of it.

On a side note, he did give me a free premium sub for a short time as well for the trouble so I also want to say thank you Paul!

I'll also note - under my control panel Account Upgrades page it does now show a subscription at the bottom under Purchased upgrades. That was non-existent before he fixed it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
On a side note - if you ever post very technical printer service info or mention that you have or had a service manual, you will get PM's and whatnot forever asking for help. lol Honestly dont remember ever even posting about an Epson service manual but maybe I did. I used to post a LOT on older Mimakis (mostly regarding JV33) but we did have an Epson 9500 water based printer for a while but that is not what that guy asked about.
Or you get a cease and desist letter from Roland. Ask me how I know :rolleyes: