• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TABC - Signage Regulation "liquor"

TXFB.INS

Does anyone know where / what section of the TABC regulations details the exterior signage?

Google was no help, I don't know the correct search terms

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You probably already found this... but it looks like it somewhat depends on the type of permit the business has

Sign Requirements​

Alcohol retailers are required by law to display certain signs on their licensed premises. The signs you might need depend on your license or permit status.
Be sure to review the criteria for each sign and contact your local TABC office with questions.

2B

For "LIQUOR" you have a max size of 12"h,
you can only have 1 "LIQUOR" seen from any one direction

This is from memory,
Yes the TABC website is a waste of time for findings these specs

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
So figuring AR and TX have a similar issue with wet and dry counties, in AR you can't advertise "BAR" in a dry county period. You can get a permit to serve alcohol, but you are not allowed to advertise it in the least. They include words like: cantina, pub, sports bar, etc.
If you can get a permit to serve alcohol, and serve it, how is that a dry county?

AndersHerp

Something, something Dark Side
If you can get a permit to serve alcohol, and serve it, how is that a dry county?
I know in Kansas, there are still some dry counties. I had friends in college from some of these small towns. One said in his town there was one bar, but it was called a club instead, the first time you went you had to pay like $10 or $15 for a lifetime membership, and then you could buy drinks, because the "club" can sell what ever they want to it's members. But this is all a secondhand story from like 10years ago, so take it how you will.

Medina Signs

Old Member
From my experience in Ohio -

Called the State Board of Liquor Control - got to the right person and they sent the spec sheet of how their logo was to be used - size, separation, color etc...

See if can contact the TABC by phone and get the rules.

Medina Signs

Old Member
I also may mention that due to their logo changing every once in a while - instead of painting the logo on an otherwise 2nd surface, I opted to apply the logo in the closest translucent color vinyl and apply it to the first surface - they were happy and if the logo should change in the future it will be easy to update.