• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

That looks easy I can do it

jasonx

Had a client come in a few weeks ago. Got a quote for a wrap. Told me it was too expensive and his done wall paper before and he wants a quote for just the supply of the material and he will fit it himself.

Got a call today and I'll let you guess what it was about...

:covereyes:

TheSnowman

Can you tell me why this doesn't fit right? It's all stretched out to get it on here, and now nothing looks right. YOU PRINTED IT WRONG!

Mosh

Sell it to him. That would be AWESOME, be sure you get your money before he leave with it.

jasonx

Kraig: Something to that affect. He didn't blame us though but probably conceded there was a lot more skill to it.

Mosh: We did and always get payment upfront.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
so what's the rest of the story?

these customer stories is half the reason I keep coming back to signs101.

msenjur

i know a guy, who also told me, that he wants to wrap his van by himself.

Thats ok for me, i will sell 2 prints... :)

acually it is good to have guys like this. They atleast aprecciate our work. And they will spread the word around...
Becouse sometimes i hear "how hard could it be to stick decals on cars...?"

WB

I had a guy come in and want his truck wrapped with a camo print.. We gave him a price he freaked and said he could buy the stuff online and do it himself.. So a few months go buy and he comes back, Had a box full of vinyl and wanted to know if I could install it for him. He said he tried and ended up ruining everything and had to order the vinyl again..He was very pissed when I told him NO.. I looked at the vinyl, it was un laminated cheap cal. vinyl that was printed on a UV printer and there was no way I was touching it..

I don't think he ever did get his truck wrapped..

jasonx

Basically he asked what material I supplied him with. I told him the same thing as before I supplied it to him 3m 180cv3. I even showed him the air regress technology in the film. He said he applied a small section fine but all the sides with wrinkled and bubbled. He asked if we could reprint and fit it for him. I told him that was fine and it would be the original price I had given him for the printing and installation.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I told him that was fine and it would be the original price I had given him for the printing and installation.

you coulda given him a discount, after all he was a repeat customer... lolololololol

heyskull

I love customers like this....lol
Had a guy in the summer who wanted a sunstrip / windshield banner.
He would fit it himself as he wasn't willing to give me the extra $5 to fit it!

I had to give into him on the 5th attempt.....lol
His garage was getting covered in vinyl.
He just kept trying and trying.

He nearly died off when he saw that it only took me 5 minutes to apply it.
Then he started on me saying he had been sold different material!!!!
Strange as I only stock oracal!
I told him to take the backing sheet back home with him and compare it to the bits he had in his garage and then come back with an apology.

He never returned!!!
Does this mean I was lying or I was proved right?

SC

Brandon708

I had a guy come in and want his truck wrapped with a camo print.. We gave him a price he freaked and said he could buy the stuff online and do it himself.. So a few months go buy and he comes back, Had a box full of vinyl and wanted to know if I could install it for him. He said he tried and ended up ruining everything and had to order the vinyl again..He was very pissed when I told him NO.. I looked at the vinyl, it was un laminated cheap cal. vinyl that was printed on a UV printer and there was no way I was touching it..

I don't think he ever did get his truck wrapped..
wow, great story!

k6media

I think we all have these stories... I just laugh it off now. If you have that kind of attitude.. there are plenty of shops in the city who will take good care of you.