• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The most fun we've had with a wrap yet!!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Do you typically purchase imagery from stock photo agencies? Where do you get your patterns, background images, etc? Or do you custom make these? The Smart car has alot of textures and images and was wondering about your sources

k6media

Thanks guys! We use a combination of stock photography, and we sometimes use a background image as a base but modify it quite drastically. Sometimes we have 3 or 4 textures integrated into the background with various techniques applied to them.

We find that texture adds so much impact to the design. Just a little something in the background gives it a different feel then flat colours. THOUGH flat colours do work in quite a few instances.

The smart we invested far more time then we usually do into the design to come out with something that we could use in some of our marketing materials. I've never taken so much time and patience on a vehicle in the installation as well. It felt really rewarding doing a job you didn't need to rush through. It's amazing what a little time can do..

GP

damn, just checked out your web site. You crank out the wraps! Very impressive.

Found pics of your shop car, btw.

GP

Chiproller

Truly a benchmark to aim for. I imagine word of mouth is a key source of revenue for you. Love the design work, truly design makes a successful wrap. Bravo!

Chip

k6media

I appreciate all the nice comments!! =)) Well I am finally off on a holiday! Time to relax for a couple weeks before coming back to the daily grind.

We are headed off to Greece and Turkey so hopefully it will be a nice trip.

I hope you all get the opportunity to travel this summer. Take care and don't work too hard!

Keep wrapin!