• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking about getting SIGN DNA

slappy

How many of you own SignDNA software? I was thinking about purchasing this, and was just wondering if it's worth it. I've looked at the site a few times and my local vender supplies it. Is it worth the money and on a scale of 1 to 10 designs, how often do you incorporate something from that software on them?

James Chrimes

Are you thinking about the fonts? You can buy only a few at a time if you want check out letterhead fonts at bottom of page they also have great fonts.

WVB

Or signfonts.com at the bottom of this website as well. I believe both of these websites are members of signs101.com whereas sign dna is not

neato

Sign DNA is a fantastic set of fonts. They aren't a member here, but how many vendors are? You can't go wrong with any of the above-mentioned font sites.

WVB

The only reason I mention they are not a member here and the others are is because they had to pay to advertise on this board therefore helping support to keep this board going.

I am not doubting DNA is not a nice set of fonts, however, if there are fonts from the other two you like I urge you to spend your money with them it will eventually only go back into supporting of this site through advertising.

Have a wonderful day

ovrcafnatd

SignDNA fonts are great, but check out the link on the bottom for
Letterhead fonts.
You can order a package there - good price for some really great fonts too!Well worth it

(they were running a special a while back and I even got a shirt :Big Laugh )

slappy

I'm not looking for fonts at this time (and not trying to start war)....the link i showed displayed no fonts. I am however looking for software that will give me clipart, sign layout ideas, and spice up my creativity. I just want to know how many people own and use this and did/does it help you?

WVB

Well the only thing I can tell you about clipart is look through it, see if anything in there is of value to you or if you think you can utilize it and profit from it. If you can then it is worth it to you. If not, then look elsewhere for clipart.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Stephanie - back to your original question. We don't use but if you don't have much to start it looks like a good starter package as long as the style matches yours. We bought the mega vector collections from Fred - you may want to take a look at it too. He offers a discount for signs101 members. This bundle is $349 before his discount and was money well spent.
http://allcompu.com/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&zenid=14e6359dd0835ee37f192fe2bf9318ad

If you do decide to order - email Fred first so he can set up your discount.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Stephanie, my company publishes clipart for signmaking and also sells the Vector Art brand. We have a standing offer of 20% off for Signs 101 members which is spelled out HERE.

Our sale price for Mega Collection 1 and 2 is $349 plus shipping. After 20% off, it would run you $279.20 plus shipping. That is for more than 12,000 EPS vinyl-ready images on CD-ROM with printed user guides. That's less than 2.5¢ per image. By comparison, Sign DNA is about 3000 images or about 10¢ per image.

As to the worth of it ... you will most likely never use 95% of any collection. But the 5% you do use will return your investment on a frequent and regular basis. Most people tell us the sell enough signs that they wouldn't have sold or upsell images on signs with any of the collections we offer to recover their cost in less than a month. So, I guess that would make any good quality clipart collection worth it.

If you'd like to view the content of any of our collections, all images are shown at our clipart gallery.

ChiknNutz

I first got Vector Art Mega Collection (#1) with my cutter, it is great. I later got the SignDNA clipart (the latest one) - also great. I also just bought Art Explosion 800,000 - granted not near as good overall, but even in some of these other "good" collections, there still isn't exactly what you need. So, with all of those, I think I'm pretty well set for a while.

kalvix

Does anyone know where to get the coral 1,000,000 collection? I've looked everywhere and can't find it anywhere. I know it was a few years old, but it seems to have disapeared like mist.

Any suggestions?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
kalvix said:
Does anyone know where to get the coral 1,000,000 collection? I've looked everywhere and can't find it anywhere. I know it was a few years old, but it seems to have disapeared like mist.

Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure it was discontinued some time ago. I have both the 1,000,000 and the 200,000 versions but have no plans to let them go. They really don't have anything much in them that isn't also included with CorelDRAW.

gtjet

Another shop locally has it and they say it is really nice and that we would like it. No personal experience with it. We went with the mega collect and print N cut from Fred (they are great) and we have some other clip-art too but we do not use it as much as Freds offerings. On the creativity side I hear the books by Dan Antonelli are pretty good and Micheal Stevens. You may want to just try one of Freds and Dans book, just a thought.

blackknight

I can attest to Dans books and they are great. I have mastered many of his layouts which has inspired me to create my own. I have a few prism fonts which are great but I have seen some script prism lettering that was created with PScs I believe which are wonderful but I am still looking for a script like that, that I can purchase instead of create as I don't have the softwqare that will do it. Freds collection, the Mega 1 is great and I have other clip art and I use Freds alot. I had a choice to buy signDNA or the Mega1 and I went with Freds as I thought it would serve me better. As far as designs go, I have Dans books and there are so many ideas on the internet that I didn't need to buy any more sign design books. I would start with Freds Mega collection; you can't go wrong but look at the two closely to the contents and choose what you think will serve you best and your needs; only you can know what you want. Good luck.

Dane DeFord

I've got both Mega 1 and the Mega 2 collection and would never give those bad boys up. They have paid for themselves countless times. Unfortunately, at the time didn't know they were available here. think I paid $299.00 for volume 1 (through "take" Advantage Sign Supply) and $140.00 for volume 2 (on Ebay brand new included shipping). You can't go wrong with either volume. But I also have the Bee-line volumes 1.1 and 2.0. Now we're talking some cool clipart. Volume 4.0 was released not to long ago. This is a company out of Denmark and available in the U.S. though Signwarehouse. Of course you can always go on Ebay and find "off the wall stuff" that's not all it's cracked up to be. Hope this helps ya!

Dane

Sign One

Clip Art Collections

I love my clip art CDs- I have an 9yr old plotter art originals (allied compugraphics) I still use, have the vector art mega collection (1st edition) and Fred, I will be buying vol. 2 from you in the next week or two.
I have the original sign DNA disc (the pink book, real old) I have looked at Sign DNA (the new one) it looks pretty good, not great, some of the art I alreay have in dingbats I have downloaded for free- I think vector art Mega is a GREAT deal, very talented artists and expertly, painstakingly vectored. I did get a really good deal from Sign Warehouse a month or so ago, for their Design Source and Express Sign Art, they gave them to me free for each $100.00 order, (I don't know if they will still offer the special to get you to order or not) i have a few others, including trades and occupations from beeline (sign warehouse) and Sign Shop Helper (not really great) I even have some Ebay discs with the swap meet stuff and logos ont them, It is helpful to be able to thumb through and get ideas and use the elements when needed, I would say that for the money almost any clip art disc is a great value, like I said I have had some of mine for many years and still refer to them.