• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

this has been answered before, but...

kmn

looking for that font that looks like the technical
pen draftsmen use, with straight lines and a kind
of bulbous end, almost like a dot, on the end of each
stroke...

if anyone nows of a free version that would be great,
thx

kn

Shovelhead

There's.......................

these...............

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 101

Cadmn

there is a technical font in corel & if there is a dot at the end of a letter by a draftsman it is in correct as I was taught & I taught no dots that means the pen was held in one place too long. a draftsman shou;d be able to lal a line with no real visable difference in width , its a techinique of going from the ends to the middle & pulling away in the middle so the overlaps equal the thickness of the line .

iSign

Cadmn said:
there is a technical font in corel & if there is a dot at the end of a letter by a draftsman it is in correct as I was taught & I taught no dots that means the pen was held in one place too long. a draftsman shou;d be able to lal a line with no real visable difference in width , its a techinique of going from the ends to the middle & pulling away in the middle so the overlaps equal the thickness of the line .

As an ace draftsman for some years, I concur that long lines in a blueprint would be drawn in mulitple stages feathering out in the center from each direction, but this is not true in lettering. I was taught to letter (with a pencil, not a pen) & to hesitate at the onset, & again at the termination of each stroke of a letter to enhance the deliberate & exact nature of every line being intentional.