• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This job scares me...

WildWestDesigns

I figured as much, but I don't really like people saying what they think I said or believe. I can get in enough trouble all by my lonesome.

One of my pet peeves is when someone says, so what you mean is................................ and they are so far off track, it ain't even funny.

Remember....... listen.​
Oops, I forgot that bit about you said rather if you said or didn't say gossip was true or false.

My speculation came from this:

"She already said it was 100% true".

Since my main thesis was about gossip and then you said, "she already said it was 100% true" the implication was that gossip couldn't be true. At least from what I gathered.

This rest was about being devil's advocate. Like being walked out in handcuffs, that assumes that everyone that was walked out in handcuffs are automatically truly guilty. They are strongly suspected of it, but not necessarily guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Want to really get into the weeds, even if there is a trial and they were found not guilty. It's technically not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Doesn't technically mean that they aren't guilty, just that there was reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

akuarela

When I haven't followed my gut feelings about a client, it usually was not the best ending. The latest with a dispensary character, one day I'm his BFF (according to him), the next he's bad mouthing me and basically getting out of paying the last bit. For this time we left it at that, with him being an open carry and a having a rap sheet...
Moral for me: check out before taking such jobs.

ikarasu

It surprises me that some people do take gossip seriously! I'm not talking about this instance since it's apparently 100% true... But since it was brought up that people should take gossip seriously I figured I'd still reply.

How many of the same people on here are complaining about cancel culture? That all it takes is one person to accuse someone famous of doing something bad... And his whole career is ruined? How many of you have a 1 star review somewhere from a customer who was being a dipshit and gave you a 1 star because he didn't like you / something you said even though you did a perfect job?

How would you feel if your customer wanted a full refund on a job because there was a bubble in your work, then Went and told everyone you scammed them with a subpar job, so it affected your business?

The world is filled with dicks and drama queens. People who only see things from their point of view, and gossip spreads like wildfire these days.

Last edited:

MGB_LE

This would be a good peace of mind move to ask full payment.
. Get full payment up front. If she balks at that, you have your reason to pass on the job.

Marie

Even if you get paid in full upfront, what happens if this dubious client is "unhappy" for any made-up reason? Sounds like the type of person who would threaten to post lots of nasty comments and reviews about you if they are unhappy about anything. May not be worth the potential headache!

Andy D

It surprises me that some people do take gossip seriously! I'm not talking about this instance since it's apparently 100% true... But since it was brought up that people should take gossip seriously I figured I'd still reply.
Dude, I had a former employer who went around slandering me, it cost me two jobs and had shops not even willing to talk to me... It was years later when I found out why new employment positions, that were going great, soured overnight.
She slandered every manager that had worked for her.
I'm not sue-happy, but man I would have loved to take her to court!