• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

this ones for me

tintshopplus

man, this stinks when its your own. creative block from hell. let me know what you think. having a heck of a time figuring out how to weld this together for a more simple cut in corel. if anyone can help me with that it would be much appreciated. thank you in advance for your opinions.

View attachment newlogodraft2.pdf

tintshopplus

oops. sorry. wasn't thinking about the pdf. here is a jpeg done up right. thanks again. :rock-n-roll:

Graphic3.jpg

signgal

try putting "plus" centered on the second line with a sun in the background with blocky beams, maybe forming a plus?

tintshopplus

i like my avatar too other than i should have bordered the red letters in black as well. tryin to get away from the sun and burst though. takes up too much room more often than not on some of my applications for it. hard to fit all that in. like i said, given another company to design for i'm bursting with ideas. lookin at mine... i'm at a loss. anyone else go through that? i think i'm tryin too hard. thanks again.

petesign

I have the same problem. Somebody else's logo - and it's pretty smooth, once I try to do something for myself - it takes forever, and I never like it.

SignManiac

Photoshopping it, is the biggest problem today. Dont photoshop it. Learn to design without relying on bells, whistles and effects. And whatever you do, don't outline red letters with black...

tintshopplus

Photoshopping it, is the biggest problem today. Dont photoshop it. Learn to design without relying on bells, whistles and effects. And whatever you do, don't outline red letters with black...

I might be wrong because I'm still fairly new at this but if your background is white and your using red lettering, wouldn't a black outline make it easier to read? Bring the bright red over white down a little?

SignManiac

No because the contrast value between red and black are too close. It's complicated. I suck as a teacher, so I can't explain it in a technical sense, but I just know from years and years of instinctual psychic ability. Others can explain way better.

JR's

I might be wrong because I'm still fairly new at this but if your background is white and your using red lettering, wouldn't a black outline make it easier to read? Bring the bright red over white down a little?

if the black is touching the red then no it would be harder to read because black and red is close in value or hue, light intensity.