• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

this will be an interesting day....

Flubber

First off its friday thats the only good thing about today...

Ok we are installing graphics on a box truck with an insane amount of rivets on it oh btw vinyl my boss is using is 651 oracal printed on with 210 lam. Makes no senseto me. I know i will be running into problems when i get to the rivets. Any experienced people out there that maybe can shoot some tips and tricks?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just remove the rivets to prevent failing, Sure it will take you awhile but its going to look better than 1000's of little tents in your vinyl.

Next option: Lots of Primer or ProBond!

Good Luck, I feel for you!

Flubber

2CT Media said:
Just remove the rivets to prevent failing, Sure it will take you awhile but its going to look better than 1000's of little tents in your vinyl.

Next option: Lots of Primer or ProBond!

Good Luck, I feel for you!

They are pop rivets so taking them out isnt an option.

HulkSmash

Literally just lay it over the rivets, do the whole box, come back when you're done and do the rivets... poke small holes apply heat, press down.

Prowraps on here made a video for people like you to follow :)

signswi

Sounds like your boss needs a new rivet himself.*

*Heard about two installers here locally that got fired because one asked the other to give him a grommet earing and...he did. Blood, laughter, missing earlobe...two less employees! Morons.

Also that pin wheel that Prowraps is using...pretty sure you get those from the type of vendor not remotely related to signs. They tend to also sell vinyl though.

Flubber

Coloradosigns said:
Literally just lay it over the rivets, do the whole box, come back when you're done and do the rivets... poke small holes apply heat, press down.

Prowraps on here made a video for people like you to follow :)

He is having me use the rolly pro and of course i have never used it before except for messing around with it. Im just not sure on how to correctly use it the whole leaving a 2" gap over the rivets then use the heat gun then rolly pro confuses me.

HulkSmash

leave a channel on the rivets. make sure it's a thin channel. let the channel go from top to bottom. heat it pretty nicely, start in the middle go down, then middle up. Hard to explain in text. but yeah

Baz

Rolly Pro isn't going to help with 651 and 210 lam. Your boss does not know what he is doing.

Flubber

Rolly Pro isn't going to help with 651 and 210 lam. Your boss does not know what he is doing.

i completely agree with you but im just an employee and no matter what i say it doesnt matter bc im not paying the bills soooooo....i do what im told to best of my ability...thats all i can do.

WrapperX

Yeah - it won't work as well but it will work. The big thing is that it will bubble and tent around the rivets faster because of the use of 651.

This is one of those jobs where you just have to smile - do your best and when it fails explain to him why you have to redo it and hopefully he will pony out the $ and do it right.

Flubber

Yeah - it won't work as well but it will work. The big thing is that it will bubble and tent around the rivets faster because of the use of 651.

This is one of those jobs where you just have to smile - do your best and when it fails explain to him why you have to redo it and hopefully he will pony out the $ and do it right.

thats the thing i think he knows that this isnt the right material bc i mentioned it to him and he says the price would double and the customer didnt want to pay the extra cash. But dnt quote me on that bc im not sure what he told the customer.

jc1cell

leave a channel on the rivets. make sure it's a thin channel. let the channel go from top to bottom. heat it pretty nicely, start in the middle go down, then middle up. Hard to explain in text. but yeah

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Beware of mistakenly closed channels. They will wreak havoc.

Have fun along with all the stress...lol

jc

WrapperX

Wel lif the customer doesn't want to pay the price for good vinyl - then he'll get exactly what he paid for. Not much you can do there.

Flubber

one side down.....whew!!!! that wasnt as bad as i thought it would be...

Attachments

• 2011-06-24_12-46-20_693.jpg
    2011-06-24_12-46-20_693.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 56