• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

this will be an interesting day....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You could always use the Chinese nipple to nipple tweaker sneaker tool. This is how it turns out........... 3 Chinese girls wrap.jpg , not too pretty good. :doh:

It can be done, but what he saved in media.... he is gonna far more pay out in labor and possible mistakes in the long-run. I would suggest to him what to do and explain to him since he's in charge.... does he understand the many possible outcomes... especially the bad ones ??

Best case scenario.... he saves about $125 in media... at most and nothing goes wrong. worst case...... he has to do it over because of all the wrinkles and cuts you're going to have to do because of your shop's inexperience..... mostly his, for approving using the wrong media for the job in the first place. So now he has to print, laminate and apply all over again, besides pulling the bad chit off. :noway:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I take it back..... you're doing good. Keep on doing it and make him rich ;-)

joeshaul

Hope you're using 3651? Don't think 651 is supposed to be too printable!

I've seen someone do cheapy calendered on box trucks before, the rivets looked like crap, but from a few feet away wasn't too noticeable. Over time it looked better and better, and was quite surprised it didn't fail. Unfortunately just recently I was asked to remove said vinyl after about 4 years. Just be sure you're under different employment when it comes to the removal! That bastard took many hours, a few punches to the face, and like a half a gallon of rapid remover.

signswi

The fact that it's so heavily printed is probably working in your favor, the solvent makes the vinyl a bit more stretchable.

HulkSmash

You put the seam in the middle.. horizontal? Yikes.
Typically you want to do vertical Seams. Left to right, that way the wind doesn't pull the seams up as they're driving down the highway. That design is special to say the least...but looks good so far

Christian @ 2CT Media

We measure each panel and seam them there so there is never a visible overlap.

A horizontal run that long staying straight definitely takes more time than its worth. Looks good!

WrapperX

You put the seam in the middle.. horizontal? Yikes.
Typically you want to do vertical Seams. Left to right, that way the wind doesn't pull the seams up as they're driving down the highway. That design is special to say the least...but looks good so far

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one - I only do Vertical panels on request. If it were up to me I would only work with Horizontal. I've done A LOT of wraps and I have never had ANY of them come back to me because the wind has pulled the seem apart. I find it easier to make one line of line ups then to do several over the course of however long my wrap is. Although I will do Vertical panels if I can do it on a car and I'm able to eliminate the overlaps entirely between door panels and body panel breaks.

+1 to the Horizontal seem - it's all about preferance. :thumb:

HulkSmash

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one - I only do Vertical panels on request. If it were up to me I would only work with Horizontal. I've done A LOT of wraps and I have never had ANY of them come back to me because the wind has pulled the seem apart. I find it easier to make one line of line ups then to do several over the course of however long my wrap is. Although I will do Vertical panels if I can do it on a car and I'm able to eliminate the overlaps entirely between door panels and body panel breaks.

+1 to the Horizontal seem - it's all about preferance. :thumb:

VERY true about preference. But in most standards, you want to do vertical seams.

WrapperX

Although on a job like this - where there are obvious aluminum panels we probably would've printed them vertical and had the breaks at each panel. Soooo I guess I'm kinda contradicting myself.... :covereyes:

Flubber

not to bad i just wonder how long it will last.....lol

Attachments

• 2011-06-24_15-46-50_751.jpg
    2011-06-24_15-46-50_751.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 83

WrapperX

One thing - You are going to cut along the panels right?? You know - where the vinyl rises to meet the adjacent panel?

Baz

You did pretty good considering what you had to work with. That's the best you could have hoped for. But like WrapperX says. You have to trim/cut where the panels overlap or else it will stretch and tear the vinyl once the vehicle is back on the road.

Nice job though!:thumb:

Flubber

Baz said:
You did pretty good considering what you had to work with. That's the best you could have hoped for. But like WrapperX says. You have to trim/cut where the panels overlap or else it will stretch and tear the vinyl once the vehicle is back on the road.

Nice job though!:thumb:

You dnt know how badly i would love to do that but my boss gets pissed when i do that so i stopped doing it. He says after time if i cut it the vinyl will shrink and then the underlying panel will show.....but i just do as im told.....lol

WrapperX

Your boss is a F*CK'N MORON!! What the hell is he playing at?! :banghead: That is the way you install graphics! You cut at the seems or else moisture gets in and begins to eat at the adhesion! Screw it - dude you need to get yourself to a better employer. Lease this guy in a learch. Drop him like a bad habit and get yourself into a PROFESSIONAL sign shop! I couldn't do it! I wouldn't do it! I would install the graphics the PROPER way regardless of what he tells you.

:frustrated:

WrapperX

You dnt know how badly i would love to do that but my boss gets pissed when i do that so i stopped doing it. He says after time if i cut it the vinyl will shrink and then the underlying panel will show.....but i just do as im told.....lol

You don't work for cheapvehiclewrap.com do you??

:ROFLMAO: