• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts & Prayers

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Imparting swimming and bailing skills would probably be more efficacious. The various gods are seldom, if ever, moved by supplications from mindless worshipers.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I wish "disaster relief funds" weren't abused. I wonder how many scammers in America have taken advantage of these funds, profiting when they weren't affected by these disasters.

ProPDF

The disaster relief funds are a total scam. Look at Katrina everyone including Mcdonalds had money collection jars. Then drive down there and it's still a ghost town in certain areas. The fema trailers still pop up on craigslist for sale too. I would drive there to help in person before I ever give some suit a penny.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have been out here since last week and its devastating to see all the flooding everywhere, I was supposed to be in Houston but got re-routed to San Antonio. So many bad areas and so many families are going through hell right now. I hope Houston a speedy recovery but this one is for the ages and will change the lives of many out here. Really sad to see what is happening out here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Earlier, someone suggested making a donation/contribution to help these people. Seems we're always helping people out around the world. What countries have sent help to us so far ?? Other then sending terrorists, drug lords and other riff-raff, who has actually lent us a hand or helped ??

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Earlier, someone suggested making a donation/contribution to help these people. Seems we're always helping people out around the world. What countries have sent help to us so far ?? Other then sending terrorists, drug lords and other riff-raff, who has actually lent us a hand or helped ??

All that talk can wait for later, right now these people need all the help we can afford to give. I encourage anyone and everyone to find it in their hearts to make a small contribution to this disaster. It's the saddest event I have ever witnessed and my whole perspective on life in general has changed. I pray for all the families in Houston tonight and all the areas being affected by the storm.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess, maybe I spoke too soon, but it is a shame no one other than ourselves.... are doing anything to help. Have you seen where corporate America is pouring millions of dollars in, along with all the individuals, both financially and physically ??

Johnny Best

I was watching a news conference with the governor of Texas the other day. He said that he was in contact with the Mexican government and they offered help in the form of boats and army man power.
I've decided to give money to the RedCross. redcross.org

bannertime

Mexico already has their troops in place assisting in various ways. HEB, a local grocery store, has been helping with some relief efforts. Various state National Guard units are also assisting. Texans and other citizens with boats have been helping people get out of flood homes.

I'd be weary of any funds setup just for this disaster, unless it's the one the Mayor setup. Use Charity Navigator to get some information on charities before donating. I've personally volunteered for Convoy of Hope and they do great work. Red Cross is always decent, and always needing blood too.

stonetree

Red cross is the real deal. I went to do clean up after Hurricane Fran. They do good work, They provided meals and water when we could not get any. We donated daily.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It doesn't always have to be money, blankets, and food are in super high demand. JJ Watt is doing an amazing job raising huge amounts of money from his NFL families and more! Its great to see everyone coming together to help support this disaster. Anything and everything that people can think of to donate is great!

sardocs

Gino - not everyone ignores you in times of trouble. A few years back when a hurricane took a dump on Long Island our local volunteer fire dept from here in Pender Harbour BC, which is in a country called Canada, (look it up on Google Maps if you haven't heard of it) travelled 4,000 miles on their own dime to aid in getting you folks back on your feet. Just sayin'....