• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ticked off.. nobody to blame but myself..

petesign

The week from hell continues. I swear..

Anyway, get two hours in on designing some safety banners that a client wants "to make people think" when the see them.... and effing illustrator crashes. My stupid @ss doesn't save at any time during today.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Can i say

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

one more time?

I can't believe that damn program doesn't have some sort of recovery or something..

*GRUMBLE GRUMBLE*

been there and done that afew times!! have now learnt to save my stuff every few minutes if i am designing something.
my wife just this morning spent all morning doing some charity work and had been saving all the files to her laptop in word, i mean hours worth of stuff! word crashed and she lost everything! i've told her before......make sure you save it every now and again or you'll get stuffed if something crashes!!.............

showcase 66

Just went to illy and hit ctrl s just to make sure.

Has happened to me way more than I would like to admit. My uncle used to work for this one company that the manager would come and hit the "esc" key and it would automatically shut the program down. If you hadnt saved, you lost it all. For the longest time he would type a sentence "ctrl S" type a sentence "ctrl S".

I have actually called my wife to go in the office and save whatever I had up just in case. Couldnt remember if I had saved it or not.

klemgraphics

Happened to me today as well, had a good start on a trailer wrap and just like that...start over! I seem to always think I'll save after one more change...then one more....then one more......then gone.

signmeup

I find it annoying as hell.... but every once in a while I do need the backup Corel makes automaticaly. I didn't realize Illy didn't do it to. Thanks for the heads up!
I also didn't know you could press ctrl+s to save.