• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Time to take them out of my daily sight and remembrance of how much spent....

formanek

So. 95 mutoh 440ml ink cartridges stacked to the ceiling. What to do with them?:toasting: I realize for big shops this is nothing, but for my one man shop I operate and install on my own AFTER I run my restaurant daily until 3pm, I feel it is a good amount of ink in 2 years. What to do with the cartridges? I am not a save the earth guy but would like to see them used for something.

Attachments

• ink.jpg
    ink.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 117

ProWraps

LOL. i had probably 6-7 mutohs. i lost count. and i wondered the same thing as you.

i felt so bad throwing in the trash/dump.

i thought about making a fort out of them.

staples may take them. and give you a credit.

or any other office supply store.

we run the hp latex's now.

when the rep came out, he saw the amount of supplies we were going through and had hp send us hp recycle boxes with prepaid labels on them. we just pull the consumables out, throw them in their boxes and when they get full, tape them up and UPS takes them.

makes my carbon footprint feel better lol.

nice stack btw!

MikePro

if you DO toss them in the dumpster, make sure to cut them in half first, or at least penetrate the mylar bag inside to allow drain/dry.
basically like a paint can, gotta let it dry/outgas or its considered hazardous waste.

that being said, my stack was taller :)

ironchef

I take mine to staples, they give you $2 per, limit is ten a month, and in a month or two youll see the rewards on your staples reward card. And theres a guy on here that buys the chips for .15 i think

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We recycle ours by printing and putting little target decals on them and selling them to the shooting ranges around here for $3.00 a pop. We customize them to their liking. Then they have to throw them away.

So, what's worse, the lead in the hillside or the plastic in the landfill ??

We used to have a girl working for us that would take them home and drain the last bit of ink out and used in in her cake decoration business as food coloring. Ya know.... they tell ya this stuff can't hurt ya. :birthday:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As a matter of fact, we do. The first year, Cheryl Grant, took care of it and the second mixer, my wife and Baz took care of it.

We aim to please............................... :peace!:

TheSnowman

Like others, Staples. Used to be $3-$5 I was thinking, but I'm pretty sure I only get $2 now. Either way...better than nothing.