• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tired of incompetence...................................................................

Johnny Best

Depends. Why would he be with all the new fashion colors for men? They even have husky sizes for larger individuals.

depend_fit-flex_maximum_for_men.webp
And you know about this, because….

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We never go straight to print with 3rd party files. Why? Because 98% of the time they aren't sized anywhere near their requested size.
In the process of checking the files software incompatibility issues cause various anomalies and/or text problems. I can't reiterate enough about converting fonts before making pdf's. Gradients/Fountain fills come into 1 program perfectly but fonts are missing, the other program can get by the fonts but then messes up the gradients. We try many other methods to keep it vector but...Sometimes we just flatten and rasterize the whole bit.

petepaz

all too familiar with the customer doing stuff incorrectly and not taking responsibility.
we send out a proof with approval sheet to sign off on and clearly states check all spelling, grammar, images...blah..blah and so many times things go unnoticed and then they are shocked that we want to charge to re-run the job correctly.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Depends. Why would he be with all the new fashion colors for men? They even have husky sizes for larger individuals.

depend_fit-flex_maximum_for_men.webp
Is this what Gino asked us to get him for his birthday this year? I think I can order it on Amazon and have it gift wrapped for him. It comes up as a "popular item in Redding".

netsol

Gino, i like the "hook" TIRED OF INCOMPETENCE"
but, we seem to be a country in decline, where do you think we should move to?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We don't hafta move anywhere. Stop giving in to all of this stupid-a$$ bullsh!t, put our foot down and get rid of all the misfits. ALL OF THEM. This giving in to the weakest link is making us a nation of weakest links. Anywhere...... you're only as strong as your weakest link.

netsol

but Gino, the universities turn out more STUPID PEOPLE every day

it's like Ambrose Bierce (the devil's dictionary) said "i get more cynical every day, but i can't keep up"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That was his problem. It's not so much being stupid, but misinformed. Listening to propaganda and trying to change yourself into something you aren't. Peer pressure, disrespect, too many available drugs, impulsiveness and most of all,..... not very good guidance any more at any level. Once these kids get outta school, they think they know everything and were taught to take what is theirs. They don't know right from wrong. What do they see on television ?? Regardless of who's reporting anything. It's putrid.

petepaz

We don't hafta move anywhere. Stop giving in to all of this stupid-a$$ bullsh!t, put our foot down and get rid of all the misfits. ALL OF THEM. This giving in to the weakest link is making us a nation of weakest links. Anywhere...... you're only as strong as your weakest link.
Gino for president! wait you might not be old enough. the way things are now you don't have to worry about putting grandpa and grandma in the nursing home just put them on the ballot for senate or president

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I feel like I see a lot more typos in news articles and books than I used to. Seems to be a general decline IMO.
I think there are a lot more freelancers now trying to jamb out as much crap as they can hoping that something they write sticks somewhere. Or they're first to report

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sensationalism, that's all it is. Just like a lotta these shooting and massacres. Stop reporting their names, their pictures and all about the incidents and when these idiots stop getting recognition, the shootings will simmer down. The newspeople just report on it for ratings. They can report the news without mentioning names and showing pictures of the culprits. People are weird. They wanna live the good life, but they are drawn to misery...... of someone else. Rubbernecking.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Sensationalism, that's all it is. Just like a lotta these shooting and massacres. Stop reporting their names, their pictures and all about the incidents and when these idiots stop getting recognition, the shootings will simmer down. The newspeople just report on it for ratings. They can report the news without mentioning names and showing pictures of the culprits. People are weird. They wanna live the good life, but they are drawn to misery...... of someone else. Rubbernecking.
I blame TicToc

I've been getting a lot of files lately from "Designers" who don't know about the pantone matching system. They can't understand why a cmyk print doesn't match the RGB colors they speced on their monitors. One of them couldn't understand why we don't print in "RGB ink" instead of CMYK ink.
And are YOU aware your printer is not limited to CMYK color gammut?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I had a customer call me Wednesday and ask if I could cut a couple files for her Thursday. I said send the files. She sent 2 files - a few cut black words and 36"x36" print - yup no problem. 7pm she sends me a file for a paint splash and she needs it for her trailer, print 2 pieces that will fit my 16' trailer. I didn't see the email until Thursday morning, obviously I don't work 24hrs a day. She's calling me at 9am Thursday asking when to expect her prints. I said I can get the first files done but I can't get the splash done. She was mad! She said she took all the vinyl off her trailer because I said I could do it. I said it's a half day project! She replied, "The file is ready you just have to press print" - OMG...I told her to pound sand, in a nice way.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I had a customer call me Wednesday and ask if I could cut a couple files for her Thursday. I said send the files. She sent 2 files - a few cut black words and 36"x36" print - yup no problem. 7pm she sends me a file for a paint splash and she needs it for her trailer, print 2 pieces that will fit my 16' trailer. I didn't see the email until Thursday morning, obviously I don't work 24hrs a day. She's calling me at 9am Thursday asking when to expect her prints. I said I can get the first files done but I can't get the splash done. She was mad! She said she took all the vinyl off her trailer because I said I could do it. I said it's a half day project! She replied, "The file is ready you just have to press print" - OMG...I told her to pound sand, in a nice way.
What a dingbat