• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TJet 1671 Random Lines

Doug78

I'm getting these random lines on my TJet 1671 with a DX7 head. The are not uniform at all as far as where they show up. Most of the time they are on the edge of the print, sometimes they are just outside the print area, and this time they ran right through part of the print.

I am running the MainTop software. It has happened on both types of media I run through it. Banner material and 3M vinyl.

I'm pretty new to printing, but I've read and learned a lot from the forums and I can't seem to figure this one out so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Attachments

• image1-2.jpg
    image1-2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 388
  • image1-3.jpg
    image1-3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 230
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 228

artbot

that is data corruption often caused by a lose data cable.

if you are getting it at certain spots, first prove if it has a mechanical or digital cause.

mechanical
this would be caused by vibration, head carriage inertia, or main board data ribbon crack, lose head cable. set your zero further to the left. do the lines appear on the same
position of the platen? or do they move with the file? if the lines appear in the same position, there's something along the gantry or at the carriage that is causing
a little bump in voltage. maybe a crease or a break or the data ribbon is leaning out of the head's port upon the change of direction. if so, you can push your carriage
to the point where the lines are printed. you might see a crack in the main data cable inside of the harness at the point where it is being bent. if they move with the file
then you might have something wrong with the carriage or main board (surge in juice as the motor changes direction).

digital
bump the file over in the rip to the middle of the roll but keep the zero/margin for the head carriage in it's original far left home position. do the lines follow the file? then
you have some kind of corruption in the rip.

Doug78

I just bumped the file over in the rip and the lines followed with the movement. It was happening right above a certain letter and with the movement it is still happening over that letter.

I'm sure this MainTop rip is junk, could it be in a setting somewhere.

artbot

hmmm... that's a rarer than usual result. maybe a value in one of the colors is freaking out the rip? bug? change the color slightly in that same letter and see if it goes nuts?

player

I think there is a version of Flexi that will rip to the T-Jets is there not? It might be worth it if MainTop software is junk.

Doug78

hmmm... that's a rarer than usual result. maybe a value in one of the colors is freaking out the rip? bug? change the color slightly in that same letter and see if it goes nuts?

Maybe I should rephrase that. It wasn't only happening over that letter. I'm just saying that the letters that it was happening close to it is still close to them.

Its not at the same place on the platen but at the same place in the print.

artbot

your kind of lucky. it will be easier to fix a rip (resintall or firmware, etc) vs find some elusive thing in the machine.

Doug78

I have tried many things in the last 24 hours with no luck. I have reinstalled software and rip. I have trip software and rip on a different machine. I have tried saving in different formats in illustrator. NOTHING!!!!!!

They seem to be in the middle of the print and at one edge now. So they don't seem to be happening when the carriage changes direction.

The other weird thing is if I print a different file than the one I'm having the main problems with they are not near as bad and only show up on the edges and not down the middle.

Doug78

That's what I'm thinking.

In the 2 pictures I'm attaching here you can see that when I put something printable somewhat close to the edge of the media it prints the lines all the way through the whole print.

If I take a copy away from each edge the lines print for a second and then they stop when the printing starts.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 214
windows 32 bit

I got TJET 1871 similar to yours i think just longer. PM me if you need assistance, John also have TJET and helped me previously. I use both flexi and maintop both work very well.

What OS are you using? At first i used windows 64 bit and got issues and was notified that it should be 32 bit OS.

windows 32 bit

I got TJET 1871 similar to yours i think just longer. PM me if you need assistance, John also have TJET and helped me previously. I use both flexi and maintop both work very well.

What OS are you using? At first i used windows 64 bit and got issues and was notified that it should be 32 bit OS.
Hi mate are you still on this forum? I just got maintop and I'm having issues getting items centred. If i print a wireframe outline on paper stuck to the bed then place my material ontop and print its never centre what am I doing wrong?