• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To wrap or not to wrap ...

CheapVehicleWrap

Awh good ! Now I feel cheap too :O lol

Sry not usually speaking english... what excess are you talking about ?
:iamwithstupid

Thanks for your chears :tongue:

Opps sorry. It's not a flat surface. The 90's in, over and up add up to much more material than if it were flat. I know someone who bangs these out very fast.

use a "soft" measuring tape, the ones sewing shops use. lay that in the grooves and you will see how much extra you will need to print.
make sure the area is very clean if its a container that is stored out doors.

Zazzess

Am I little down right now...
we tried 3 times ! I am tired of throwing sheets to the trash...
and I'm tired of ''thinking'' I'm payed for wasting my time because I'm not trained to do that... I feel like I am steeling my boss for these hours of non success... but still ... That is what he asks me to ,..

:frustrated: Does anyone gets me here ?? Or its just that I might:Sleeping: get some rest and come back hearth... !?!

:help

Mike F

No prob Mike :D

He I wish I could attend some kind of workshop !

I so want to learn

:omg:

If you wouldn't mind traveling to Albany, NY for it, I can PM you the details on the next one they're having. Totally worth it if your shop has a Versacamm.

cajun312

I do a lot of those with cut vinyl, one thing you have to watch for is that a lot of these containers have dents and bumps in them, that can really make it a pain in the butt.

Zazzess

use a "soft" measuring tape, the ones sewing shops use. lay that in the grooves and you will see how much extra you will need to print.
make sure the area is very clean if its a container that is stored out doors.

Oops I wanted to tell you ! I think it is a really good idea :D
Thanks for helping me again :D

Zazzess

If you wouldn't mind traveling to Albany, NY for it, I can PM you the details on the next one they're having. Totally worth it if your shop has a Versacamm.

Yes ! we have one and I have seen what your talking about on their site !
bUT... I found someone that could train us here in Qc city and my boss don't seem to care...
Training seems so worth it you are right !

:noway:

Last edited:

Zazzess

You know what versawork can do when you have a picture that is to big
for the printer... it cuts the picture in pieces and then you can assemble it.
I having so much trouble doing this to !

oooo lord what a day...:toasting:

no problems! we use this method alot, we have a normal measuring tape and a soft measuring tape with us always.
it is quite easy when you have done the first 1 or 2, you will get used to it in no time.

you should try and explain to your boss that if he would pay for some training for you, it would improve his business' work flow, it would save him money in the long run because you would be more competant at your job, he would save money in materials and in time etc! it makes sense for him to pay for your training!

Mike F

Yes ! we have one and I have seen what your talking about on their site !
bUT... I found someone that could train us here in Qc city and my boss don't seem to care...
Training seems so worth it you are right !

:noway:

You should try talking to him about it again, I learned as much in 2 days as I was able to teach myself in 3 months, probably more. Even if I had spent another 3 months teaching myself, there was a good amount of info that I probably never would have stumbled upon, plus plenty of hands-on experience, which there really is no substitute for. Also, +1 on everything rush said above as well.

And if you're doing a job you have to use "clip & tile" for, do vertical tiles, not horizontal, and make sure "place alternated" is checked. Installing vertical tiles is easier, and checking "place alternated" will ensure the seams match up.

Zazzess

Thanks for being there !
I try hard to make my boss understand without being ...
unfair... I'm not the one that pays for all this ... he does...
am a little uncomfortable with this...
And you both are so right !
It really makes sense... Well I'm there again...
where I shouldn't fear talking to him... again.. about his company and how to improve it :) I'm lucky you are there to cheer me !!

Zazzess

You should try talking to him about it again, I learned as much in 2 days as I was able to teach myself in 3 months, probably more. Even if I had spent another 3 months teaching myself, there was a good amount of info that I probably never would have stumbled upon, plus plenty of hands-on experience, which there really is no substitute for. Also, +1 on everything rush said above as well.

And if you're doing a job you have to use "clip & tile" for, do vertical tiles, not horizontal, and make sure "place alternated" is checked. Installing vertical tiles is easier, and checking "place alternated" will ensure the seams match up.

That's how I work and everything look perfect until I begin applying the second layer... I have a hard time not stretching or I don't know I am so careful at it being perfectly centered and everything but at the end it still isn't ok... What am I doing wrong ? + did you learn about it on the workshop ? :D

:popcorn: