• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too many sign shops!!

iSign

iam a freind of round man, i-sign, and in the realm of talent out there, these 2 are at the top of the list.
Hey Joe... thanks for the kudo's... I had the good fortune to meet Round Man this summer & I can honestly say he has more talent in his brush hand alone then I have dredged up in my life thus far.. (but I got a few years to catch up I think :tongue:) ..and as for the talented bunch on this site alone... I'm happy to even make it to the middle of anyone's list..

They must be democats....wanting something for nothing

Now, as for I-45 & his ignorant & inappropriate comment... it don't get much dumber then a merchant alienating half the market he pay's to advertise to, because he can't manage to follow the rules of this forum, OR basic common sense of marketing... can we say "dumas" here?

FrankenSigns.biz

Now, as for I-45 & his ignorant & inappropriate comment... it don't get much dumber then a merchant alienating half the market he pay's to advertise to, because he can't manage to follow the rules of this forum, OR basic common sense of marketing... can we say "dumas" here?

May I add, this is my sentiment as well.

skyhigh

Thats what you are "Old Timer" your time has passed.

Once you get older you get lazy and the new generation will take over. Its always been like that so why bother complaining about them instead we should help them.

Thats F'n classic. Your time has passed, but stick around and HELP ME. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Been on your website.....your a screen printer. Nothing wrong with that except your on a SIGN website, telling us how you can do it better????
Maybe you meant to say.....IF I made signs, I could do it better?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hey im that guy!!!! im that guy that opened two years ago, while you were an "established" sign shop.

i did it better, faster, longer, harder and more efficient that you!

ProWraps......you should go back to your old avitar. Ya know, the swoosh ......oops, I meant the stolen swoosh. Remember the line of crap you gave us over that one? Now you're pumping your chest again, telling us how you trompled all these ESTABLISHED sign shops (stretching the truth again?) Cammon sacwrap, the only business you could have possibly taken from an established shop, is the vehicle/wraps (and I'm sure they still get their share), as that is ALL you do. The loss of vehicle wraps, to an established shop, is just a small portion of what a full service SIGN shop does. Like tomence, you really don't make signs....well sorta.

I will give you credit for how well you have done in a short 2 years, but you really need to get over yourself dude. Most of your wraps just aren't that good (mostly the install part). If you do as many as you say, I'm guessing its because of your prices......and from what I've seen, I'd have to say, you get what you pay for.

Have a super day fellas.

ps, I don't do wraps, & I don't do screen printing. I do all the OTHER kinda signs. (I guess I'm safe)

Last edited:

CentralSigns

My new competition is a screen printer who bought a Roland and became a wana be sign guy. Seriously damaging the market price. He has no conception of deadlines and sells poor quality product. Lately he has been hounding my customers and offering a better deal while badmouthing me. Only a matter of time and he'll be out of business. I think I'm gonna sell t-shirts for wholesale for a while. I know he gets $20 per and I can sell for $5 per and blow up his market. I'm not usually that nasty, but need to cover the damage quickly. Clueless screen printers with attitude piss me off, no wonder they are attacking the sign industry, they f#$#ed up theirs.

iSign

ProWraps......you should go back to your old avitar. Ya know, the swoosh ......oops, I meant the stolen swoosh. Remember the line of crap you gave us over that one?

hey.. in fairness, his wasn't a stolen one.. he paid $35 for it:Big Laugh
(oh yeah... it was the rest of us who stole it :omg:)

WildWestDesigns

My new competition is a screen printer who bought a Roland and became a wana be sign guy. Seriously damaging the market price. He has no conception of deadlines and sells poor quality product. Lately he has been hounding my customers and offering a better deal while badmouthing me. Only a matter of time and he'll be out of business. I think I'm gonna sell t-shirts for wholesale for a while. I know he gets $20 per and I can sell for $5 per and blow up his market. I'm not usually that nasty, but need to cover the damage quickly. Clueless screen printers with attitude piss me off, no wonder they are attacking the sign industry, they f#$#ed up theirs.

Be careful with how you deal with something like this. I have worked(and still do) in the horse industry for a long time and nasty stuff like this can bite both of y'all really easily. For awhile one might be up on the other, but in the end being nasty only gets nasty things back. I have seen many barns and barn managers that are out in the cold due to engaging in this type of stuff. If you can't say something nice, really stay out of it. Especially true in a business that is dominated by word of mouth. Doesn't matter if what is being said is true or not.

CentralSigns

The t-shirt thing was a bit off, but I'm pissed and thats how I feel. I guess in the end he will sink his own ship. Sorry if it insulted anyone or raised any hackles. Any other solutions other that t-shirt sales, I'm at wits end.

skyhigh

The t-shirt thing was a bit off, but I'm pissed and thats how I feel. I guess in the end he will sink his own ship. Sorry if it insulted anyone or raised any hackles. Any other solutions other that t-shirt sales, I'm at wits end.

Have a talk with the guy. Explain what he's doing would be comparable to you offering tee's for half of what he charges. He knows he can make a profit at $10 a pop, but would he want to?

At his prices, he definately dosen't like to leave money on the table......so ask him why he feels he should on signs. Then give him a copy of the sign craft pricing guide.

Lastly, after you've managed to show him the errors of his ways, punch the F'er in the face for badmouthing you.

(I think I have anger issues)

Maybe you need to "Up Your Game and get a little creative, instead of sitting back waiting for business to come to you. Sounds like what he's doing.

tomence

I smell something here! "JEALOUSY". I feel good when somebody talks about me. WOW.
And you with the t-shirt thing, come compete with me, I can go as low as $2.5O a shirt and still make a profit.
And for the things i said before i did apologize didnt mean to hurt no one but realized that i did and like i said i apologized for it.
And as far as i know there are lot of sign shops that do screen printing so what should i say about them, curse them?
And what's wrong with ProWraps, for all i can tell he is doing very good and i think his business is sky rocketing, but yeah you are jealous so you have to make a comment.
Do I have brains? I don't know but as far as i can tell the brains that i got make me lot of money, A LOT.
So go screw your self i don't give a damn what you think about me.

CentralSigns

I smell something here! "JEALOUSY". I feel good when somebody talks about me. WOW.
And you with the t-shirt thing, come compete with me, I can go as low as $2.5O a shirt and still make a profit.
So go screw your self i don't give a damn what you think about me.

The truth is I don't want to get into T's. Nope, no desire at all. The facts I said are true, and possibly sky high is right. The bastard I deal with needs confrunted. Jealous of you I doubt it, not in a million years. $2.50 ea t good job, I could even go cheaper if I had the desire. I got into the sign industry to make signs not t's, too many silk screeners fighting over pennies. At the time I posted, I hadn't made a decision what I thought of you, now I might have.

Cheers

showcase 66

You do realize that this is an open forum so if someone looking for a t shirt guy in Willowbrook, IL and they happen upon this thread. They are going to think you are ripping them off when you charge them Around $10 for their shirt.

tomence

Dude the Jealous and the Screw part wasn't meant for you.

The truth is I don't want to get into T's. Nope, no desire at all. The facts I said are true, and possibly sky high is right. The bastard I deal with needs confrunted. Jealous of you I doubt it, not in a million years. $2.50 ea t good job, I could even go cheaper if I had the desire. I got into the sign industry to make signs not t's, too many silk screeners fighting over pennies. At the time I posted, I hadn't made a decision what I thought of you, now I might have.

Cheers

tomence

I didn't realize that but the good thing is I live in Willowbrook and my shop is located in a totally different area. So i guess people looking for the $2.50 shirts will go to my competition in Willowbrook. LOL

You do realize that this is an open forum so if someone looking for a t shirt guy in Willowbrook, IL and they happen upon this thread. They are going to think you are ripping them off when you charge them Around $10 for their shirt.