• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Top 5 Signage Mistakes

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oy vey. Nerd alert! In everyday speech most people just say font, even within the industry. In the end it doesn't matter...Papyrus is horrible no matter what you call it. My version of Papyrus only has one instance, so does that make it both a typeface and a font?

Gino and Boudica wrote "type face", you wrote "typeface". So which is the correct nomenclature? :sleepin:

Splitting hairs is not getting you anywhere. What's it matter to you ?? You don't know the difference or care to understand it correctly. The reason so many people use it in this industry, is cause they don't know any better either, just like you and don't wish to learn.... just like you.

You're really starting to irritate most people around here. Keep it up gnoobles and soon you'll be looking for more answers on google, just like before ya found out about this place.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Too much information for a "drive by sign".
A logo without a tagline or any indication what your business is.
Red or Dark blue text on black background.

JBurton

Signtologist
Arial is my favorite font.
I like gotham, reminds me of batman!!
giphy.gif

Or lobster, it reminds me of the B 52's!
b52s-rock-lobster.gif

gnubler

measuring the overall vs visible areas of a sign
Yes! A new business near me got brand new polycarb panels into their cabinets and the image/text is running right to the edges. No margin whatsoever, and it looks so tacky.