• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transferring Stickers from one release paper to another

whatsinaname

You have lotsa little kids out of work over there. Have them do it piece by piece and pay them a dollar a day. With their little fingers and fast pace pf learning you'll get up to a 1,000 stickers a day in no time...... or just hire more kids and pay them all less. Do whatever it takes to get the job out the door for less than anyone else could fathom and you'll keep your company's status quo in tack.

It was a close call but I think this is the most unpleasant post of the day.

Gets my vote too but for a different category..Most unpleasant post ever.

whatsinaname

I think your best bet would be to exchange the backers before you cut the graphics.
Set up your laminator with the branded liner in place of the laminate.
The rollers would set the new liner better than anything you could do by hand.
Crank a roll through and then plot out the graphics.

If you have to cut first and then try to change out the liner you might try rigging up something similar to this:
http://www.speedpress.com/products/2/44
Get low tack clear transfer tape and stretch it out on some aluminum extrusion with a couple of hinges to hold it onto the table.
If you could get the transfer liner low-tack enough to let the decals go onto the new backer it may work.
When we used to set a lot of multi colored/layered vinyl up we didn't want too much grab from our mask paper we would condition it by rubbing it down with a cloth so that it was not too sticky.
You need enough grip to get the old liner off but not too much to keep the decals from releasing onto the branded liner.
If you wanted to go high-tech maybe a really strong vacuum table......

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks..that was great help..I will look into this and try it out..Although I am a bit worried about the precision of the cuts if I change the liners before plotting..The branded liner might not hold the vinyl as good as the original plain one and might afect the plotting..will experiment with the 2nd option and see how it goes...

letterman7

Ok, silly question: if your client is going to have his brand name on the liner, would it be just as easy to flip the vinyl over and print his brand on the liner, then just as simply flip and cut what needs cut?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I would not try to cut after transferring to the other liner since the material is likely never going to "stick" to the other liner as well as the original and that could cause issues when cutting. However that might be the easiest method since you could just use a laminator and transfer the whole roll at once versus trying to transfer individual already cut decals. The other problem that might come into play is if the carbon fiber vinyl you are using has an air release adhesive (original on an air release liner) in which case it is not going to stick to any other liner very well at all since the air release is actually created by an embossed liner.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It was a close call but I think this is the most unpleasant post of the day.

So Mr Hall Monitor...... what do I win for having the bestest one ?? :smile:

I just get a kick out of people giving a fraction of the information needed to make any kind of assessment, but supply enough wrong information to hang themselves. After the comments are thrown around and the OP comes clean, then the sidelines come alive and add their stoopidness to the fray.

Yeah, it's a close call again, but the people who don't enter into any of it until after the dust settles and then makes assumptions are the ones I pity. I can practically see from here, their spines falling out their a$$es.

chartle

Ok another way if you can't print on the back of the OEM liner. Print the logo on clear or white to cover the lines and laminate it to the back.

OP I know thats not what you are looking to do but is your client willing to pay maybe double or more ( a quick guess for all the extra hand work) just to get their logo on the liner, the part that gets thrown away?

Last edited:

GoodPeopleFlags

You could sell your customer the decals and let it be his job to put them on the liner that he wants. It's ok to say sometimes, "I'm sorry but that's something we're not set up to do.".

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Buy a rubber stamp and go to town with it..... or like mentioned, let your customer stamp them.

TammieH

We are manufacturing stickers using vinyls from a certain brand and would like to transfer them (after plotting and weeding) to another release paper that is required by our client.

What is the best and most cost effective method to do this for around thousand stickers a day?

To answer your question, I guess I would use high tac transfer tape and transfer as large of a size I could do at a time, or larger if you have a helper.

Then cut down to separate decals, if required...sometimes there are no easier ways