• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

true black for vp540

dolce05

Been playing around trying to create a real true black (or as close as I can get). But still seem to either look charcoal gray or has a green tint.

I've adjusted my settings to Max density and am using the profile Avery supplied for 1005 ezrs. We first tried 60 60 60 100 wiith the result being a dark gray. Since then have tried many formulas with no success. I dont believe 100, 100, 100, 100 is the answer for it lays down too much ink i'm sure. I dont want to exceed 280, for anything over that is over kill.

Thank you in advance for your time and info

Chris

Flame

Man... crazy. My Valuejet I go 20-20-20-100 and get crisp black, and on economy vinyl, 0-0-0-100 is fine.

Funny how machines are different, I had black issues like nothing else on my Falcon...

SOA

if i want bling black 50-50-50-100 & 'density control only' setting in versaworks colour management.

SignTeam.us

If I want black I use the color char from versaworks in Illustrator or Corel Draw. I think is the BK21. Works great!!!

Mainframe

I have always used the blacks & grays from the stock pallet in illy, I also use the grays in the same pallet, I never had a single problem with any gradient, shades of grays or solid black, I never saw green in any of the prints, also never saw any banding in any either. I run a wide variety of files through the machine, when I select black I expect black to print & it does.

Mainframe

I have a VP 540 & NO I am not color blind, I also have a bunch of customers that are SUPER picky about output & never have any problems with them, these are customers from local Colleges, Ad agencies & print shops etc. I am just stating what is going on with my blacks here. I must ad almost everything i print I try to place in illy on my Mac & save it as a pdf & then print it from the pc side of my Mac in VW. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

rwinninger

black

I have a VP540 and use the Roland colors that came with Versaworks they are bright and deep in color. The black prints a deep black on my VP, best black I have ever found.

:wavingflag:

ProColorGraphics

In design in Illustrator on my mac then send it to my pc to print and get it to print a true solid black. I set my to just 100 black then set it up as a special color in VW where when the color is 100 black, it prints only 100 black. Comes out perfect every time.

messmedia

I'll try to share what I know and experienced about this matter:

1. DO NOT PUT 100 100 100 100 black on UR designs. It just IS NOT VERY SMART! - Because UR printer is set up so it has block on maximum total ink level, and it is 350% maximum, but under 300 usuall. So, 4x100 black color will be converted to something else anyway! And if u put it on, u don't have any controll on the output, u just let the printer decide the conversion.

2. U MUST USE black made of all 4 colors, so it prints true black. I use 40 40 40 100, and it is EXCELLENT on my versaart RS640. But, if U have grey shades, then DONT USE 4color black, because shades WILL have color cast (reddish greys here, usually)

3. Nice tip: If U want to make UR blacks blend better in UR designs, try using multiple component blacks creatively: 4 example, 60 10 10 100 WILL HAVE BLUISH cast to it, and while it is still black, it will be, like "colder". 10 10 60 100 will be WARM black, sometimes it is what is needed. And this goes for all cmyk type of printing (digital wide format, digital offset laser, traditional offset ...)

animenick65

We use 30-20-30-100. Things like to come out with a magenta hue, so i tone the M down a bit. Not hard to achieve decent blacks on a Versacamm.