• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to settle on a printer for home production decals.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Good to know that 1 breaker is enough
we have set up quite a few home businesses and that has been a nightmare in older houses
breaker panel already full, no room for a sub panel...
Just double up the least used breaker. C'mon man!

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Crappy flourescent lights. Lower image is IJM538, upper IJM538 with Drytac Photosatin UV laminate.
Text is 6pt.

Attachments

• IMG_4447_IJM538_Sat_Lam.jpg
    IMG_4447_IJM538_Sat_Lam.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 152

netsol

Just double up the least used breaker. C'mon man!
one of our charities has cell phone video of a 300 amp 120 volt panel, bursting into flames right outside of the accounting office) when a temp employee plugged a small electric heater in. Have i ever "doubled up" a breaker? of course. is there good reason it violates the electrical code? also of course
i will look and see if i can find the video, it was about 18 months ago. i have to see if it was texted or emailed to me

Notarealsignguy

one of our charities has cell phone video of a 300 amp 120 volt panel, bursting into flames right outside of the accounting office) when a temp employee plugged a small electric heater in. Have i ever "doubled up" a breaker? of course. is there good reason it violates the electrical code? also of course
i will look and see if i can find the video, it was about 18 months ago. i have to see if it was texted or emailed to me
Codes are just suggestions. I said the less used/unused circuit. That's 100% the employees fault. The office is heated, nobody told him that he could bring more.

netsol

Codes are just suggestions. I said the less used/unused circuit. That's 100% the employees fault. The office is heated, nobody told him that he could bring more.
so, i was in doing some work, and i just finished yelling at a couple of the girls, since the f**king building was around 78 degrees, and EVERYONE was plugging electric heaters in to miller cubicles. i often tell them i will testify for the insurance company when they deny the claim
the vp of finance called me, about 2 hours later. one of the girls was saying something about how i acted like i had a big stick up my ass, making a big deal of the heaters, she plugged hers back in and about a minute later the WHOLE PANEL BURST INTO FLAMES next week i wll try to find the stills or the video she shot of the actual fire.

all i can find now is some of the pictures after they stripped all the burned shit out of the panel.

Attachments

• electrical fire.jpg
    electrical fire.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122

LiqueColor

Label Runner from LiqueColor is running their new Inktanium Latex Inks and is a good setup for your needs. It runs 12”x18” sheets, not rolls.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Shouldn't the breaker trip when it gets hot enough? If I were the girls with the heaters, I'd be blaming the faulty electrical equipment for hazardous work environment, and harassment from the angry man telling them to freeze their chooch off.

netsol

Shouldn't the breaker trip when it gets hot enough? If I were the girls with the heaters, I'd be blaming the faulty electrical equipment for hazardous work environment, and harassment from the angry man telling them to freeze their chooch off.
yes, the breaker "should" have tripped.
in real life, that doesn't always happen

did you know that 1% of homes have house fires? according to the statistics i have seen

my mother in law died in a house fire

almost 50 years ago i dragged an unconscious electrician out of a compressor room after the panel he was working on "exploded" ~10K volts feeding a factory

lots of safeties that "should trip DON'T

Notarealsignguy

yes, the breaker "should" have tripped.
in real life, that doesn't always happen

did you know that 1% of homes have house fires? according to the statistics i have seen

my mother in law died in a house fire

almost 50 years ago i dragged an unconscious electrician out of a compressor room after the panel he was working on "exploded" ~10K volts feeding a factory

lots of safeties that "should trip DON'T
Breakers get old, panels get old and you start to have issues with bad connections. You can hear a sizzle sound when it starts happening. Eventually, the bus bar gets so hot at the loose connection point that it can melt and bridge the one below it which causes the panel to arc in a bad way and catch fire. So it is possible that the circuit wasnt overloaded which is why the breaker didn't trip.

netsol

and i believe that hp has a 2200 watt heater, plus the electronics, feed motors, carriage motor...

i would be much less concerned with a printer in a warehouse or strip mall

Rayd8

and i believe that hp has a 2200 watt heater, plus the electronics, feed motors, carriage motor...

i would be much less concerned with a printer in a warehouse or strip mall
The 315 has a maximum rated power consumption of 2.6 Kw. A normal electrical extender takes a maximum of 3.5kw, so as long as you don’t connect too manu devices on this extender you’ll be fine. You can connect othe extenders to the same wallmount/electrical group as longs as you dont overpower the 16amps that a line should have, at least over here in Belgium.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The 315 has a maximum rated power consumption of 2.6 Kw. A normal electrical extender takes a maximum of 3.5kw, so as long as you don’t connect too manu devices on this extender you’ll be fine. You can connect othe extenders to the same wallmount/electrical group as longs as you dont overpower the 16amps that a line should have, at least over here in Belgium.
Normal outlets usually ain't rated for continuous 16a use. You start to see more problems when people charge their cars at full 16a from the normal white outlets.

So you know, at least make sure your outlet is good and not a old loose crappy one.