• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tubes

skyhigh

Where can I get tubes for shipping RTA vinyl out to a customer? I have 25 separate packages that I have to ship, but I can only scrape up 4 empty vinyl rolls. These have to be 4' long. Does the post office have those (just crossed my mind while typing)?

:thankyou:

John L

I was also gonna suggest Uline if you are buying them. Call now and you should have them tomorrow.

Fedex triangle boxes are free and my local driver has them right on his truck but you have to use Fedex or Fedex Ground to ship.

skyhigh

Well, Papermart is about 40% less. Thanks for the link Pat.
Uline will have them to me "next day", while PM is shipping cross country. Very un-typical of me to be ahead of schedule, so going with PM will save me $25.

Dinner tomorrow night for me an the wife, compliments of Pat. :thankyou:

Pat Whatley

Somebody from this site gave me the Papermart link. When they did I figured there was no way they'd be cheaper than Uline but I was way wrong.

I think Uline had to raise prices to cover the cost of the catalog they send out. If you ever order from Uline you'll get a full color glossy 150 page catalog about once a month for the rest of your life.

showcase 66

I think PM has a place in Ohio as well. Could be wrong. I thought I had gotten something from them and part of the order came from cali and the other from ohio. Could be thinking of another place.

surf city

Do you have a carpet distributor near you? When ever I run out of tubes from my vinyl I go over and ask them or one of my freinds that actually does carpet installation and they are usually happy to help me out.

sfr table hockey

This was a great idea. I just called my local carpet place and they said they re-use some and throw out a bunch. Just help my self to the pile in the dumpster.

Thanks

Do you have a carpet distributor near you? When ever I run out of tubes from my vinyl I go over and ask them or one of my freinds that actually does carpet installation and they are usually happy to help me out.

showcase 66

If I need to, I go to the local blueprint place. They have a ton of 3" tubes. Only thing is they are thick and heavy. Great for local things but you pay a fortune for shipping with them.

G

Ginger

If you have a PakMail local they usually supply a variety of tubes and can help you ship them. I recently had some digital prints destroyed by UPS in a cardboard tube, turns out they won't compensate you if they destroy your package and it is in a tube, they say it should be in one of the triangle boxes. Just something to keep in mind.

skyhigh

never knew that, although I'd say those triangular boxes are chit compared to a tube.....unless they make some heavy duty ones I haven't seen.

Your prints wern't in an empty cardboard paper towel tube were they? :ROFLMAO:

Pat Whatley

I used to buy screenprinted concert posters from a guy who shipped them in 4" PVC pipe. He said the pipe what pennies more than a cardboard tube and a little more to ship but nothing had every been damaged in shipping.

showcase 66

I use the Post office triangle tubes when I ship with them. Most of my clients want me to use their UPS account. Almost everytime I have used a UPS triangle tube. It has arrived damaged.

GypsyGraphics

USPS has free priority tubes 6x38"
you can always cut 10" off each end a second tube and tape the two together to get the length you need.
free boxes, free priority tape, free custom box

i think they'll even bring them to your door for free!

i like free