• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

two-side banner price

msenjur

Hello...

Im always having problem when i need to give price for twosided banner. Im never shure if i do it right...

We are charging around 21€/m2 for print only, one side.

So, how much should i charge for two side banner?? i must charge something for color and time...

how do you charge things like that?

thesignguy1986

While everybody has there own way of pricing it I price mine by sq. ft. If it is a simple white banner with vinyl I charge so much a sq ft and then 50% extra for the other side. If it is a printed banner I just charge for 2 banners and then stitch together.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whatever you charged for a single sided banner.... you know, cost of banner, print one side.... just double your printing cost and you have it.

You didn't double up on anything other than one extra side to print. Rip was the same, hemming, materials and supplies were the same..... just the extra ink and time.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
Charge more than 2x the sq foot

2 sided banner materiel costs about 3 times what single sided materiel does. Plus there is always the chance that something bad will happen when printing the second side...which of corse ruins the profit. We always charge more than double the price. Today we are doing a 3x30' banner. There is the possibility that the printer will hickup at about the 25th foot of the second side. It's happened before.

rfulford

Charge at least double for the printing. Yes, you are not using additional material but double sided printing is a mechanical process that requires extra attention and has a greater potential for waste. You have to realign the back side and make heat adjustments. The back side actually takes more time to print considering setup.

If you want to charge less, do so because of the total square footage not because you are saving $.25 sq/ft on the back side.