• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Ugh New 570, New Problems!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are in the middle of a 200 roll project, so we bought an additional 570 to compliment or other 570 and 365. Well this brand new machine (less than 1 week old) will not track straight at all... walks 2+" to the left every time and now I come in this morning to continue printing and there is a 3' puddle of liquid on the floor and condensate pouring out the back of the machine.

5ZFUK59169x8rigy9

Our 360 that got replaced by the 365 had a manufacturing defect that was intermittent in the 15 months we had it and now this 570... HP I know you guys are selling like hot cakes but QC these damn things better!

/end rant

Have a great Saturday I have a 14hr work day ahead of me today and again tomorrow!

rjssigns

Check O.D. of the cardboard core being used on TUR.
Check level of TUR components, dancer bar etc...
Check level of infeed components.
There is another measurement called tramming to make sure everything in the web path is in alignment.
Both level and tram need to be looked at.

My guess is HP has hole locations punched or lasered into the support legs. Those holes are probably set up to locate components without any need for tools. It works in theory. It still needs to be checked. My guess is something is not in the correct spot.

The above advice comes from my former life. I built paper processing equipment that would run in excess of 3000 feet per minute.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Check O.D. of the cardboard core being used on TUR.
Check level of TUR components, dancer bar etc...
Check level of infeed components.
There is another measurement called tramming to make sure everything in the web path is in alignment.
Both level and tram need to be looked at.

My guess is HP has hole locations punched or lasered into the support legs. Those holes are probably set up to locate components without any need for tools. It works in theory. It still needs to be checked. My guess is something is not in the correct spot.

The above advice comes from my former life. I built paper processing equipment that would run in excess of 3000 feet per minute.
We already located the problem with tracking... the legs are not sitting level to the platen the left side is lower. But that is HP's job to fix not ours, the leaking condensate also looks to be related since its on the left side of the machine.

Johnny Best

Good luck, sounds like a big project you have going.
So did you guys scrap the idea of getting that Canon with the new technology.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Good luck, sounds like a big project you have going.
So did you guys scrap the idea of getting that Canon with the new technology.
For now until they get us some test rolls for us to make sure our client will accept it.

We have a large 800 roll order to follow this one so hopefully we know by then.

chafro

It looks like you need to sell two of those printers and get a 3000. At least a 1500. It will pay for itself fast with the ink cost difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian @ 2CT Media

It looks like you need to sell two of those printers and get a 3000. At least a 1500. It will pay for itself fast with the ink cost difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We looked at the 1500, its cheaper to run 4 570s and faster plus it wastes less media and the cost difference is negligible to media waste. The 3000 series is way too expensive for what it is and what we do. I would have to be doing 800+ rolls a month to make up the cost benefit of a fleet of 570s.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well the good news is you can run 450' rolls of SAV now on the 570's, we did our runs already on our demo units and we were able to make 3 Mil 54"x450' run in the 500 series. Lol starting to put together materials for the OCE UV Gel and seeing how they can also run in Latex.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Well the good news is you can run 450' rolls of SAV now on the 570's, we did our runs already on our demo units and we were able to make 3 Mil 54"x450' run in the 500 series. Lol starting to put together materials for the OCE UV Gel and seeing how they can also run in Latex.

Yeah we just ran 35 300' rolls this past month just for want we do it adds more cost and time so its easier to print them in 150' rolls

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thats weird, I would think the longer rolls would save you time with loading and unloading?
It does but my client has a weight restrictions and we have to process everything down to under 50lbs which is 150' rolls. So the added shipping materials and processing labor is too expensive and there is no cost savings from material manufacturer.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It does but my client has a weight restrictions and we have to process everything down to under 50lbs which is 150' rolls. So the added shipping materials and processing labor is too expensive and there is no cost savings from material manufacturer.

That's understandable.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So leak is fixed, but tracking is still a major issue... they took apart the top of the machine and made adjustments but 2 rolls in a row is walked 1"+ even though the machine said it was less than 75mils skewed.

rjssigns

So leak is fixed, but tracking is still a major issue... they took apart the top of the machine and made adjustments but 2 rolls in a row is walked 1"+ even though the machine said it was less than 75mils skewed.

Over what length is the 1+ inch skew?

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
Gezz I'll pay attention to these details on my machine with the setup being next week. Thanks in advance!!

rjssigns

almost instantly, but its most noticeable after about 10' of printing.

Is this happening when media is attached to TUR? If so run a test without TUR and see what happens.

Either way something is definitely out of whack. Misalignment on infeed/outfeed, nip pressure or a combination.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to see how the techs attack the issue.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Strange, we do long runs and don't get any skew on our 570 or 560's. I have heard of the issue but we have not been able to replicate it on our units. Good luck! Does it do it on all the media?