• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UGHHHHH!!!! HELP Please???

Sign_Boy

This was a customer submitted file."EPS"
Whenever I open it this is what happens.
I believe it was created in Corel, but I'm not sure.
Oh I don't use Corel BTW

Any ideas on what to do to fix this? Please don't say weld it all LOL

I tried to get a different version of the logo, but I don't think that's going to happen.
I also searched online and came up with zilch - I even used that "name" filetype:pdf jive.

Thank you all in advance for any help on this.:thankyou:

Attachments

• I_A_G.jpg
    I_A_G.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 123

Flame

Try this. Convert it to a HIGH quality jpeg, and run an autotrace on it. Believe it or not... it works.

Capital Signs

Thats not just showing it's grouped or something? Sometimes files like that happen to me in flexi, and I just ungroup object and I can get it taken care of... But what do i know...

Sign_Boy

Nope opened it on a PC Mac is at home LOL.

I tried to ungroup it and select things this is what happens.:banghead:

I know it will print fine, but I have to do some modifications to it.
As it is right now it would be a PITA to do what I need to do.

Thank you all for the insight.

Attachments

• I_A_G_UG.jpg
    I_A_G_UG.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 106

RobGF

Looks kinda like what happens when Illustrator interprets an old Freehand EPS which doesn't have the editable component embedded.

R08

I've seen that with eps files that I have recieved or even exported from core. Happens a lot when there are gradient fills. Seems to happen during the exporting function.

I would do what Flame said or ask them to re-export using a different filter.

IVIilkman

If it is a Corel File You Could Try Downloading a 30 Trial Version of Corel and then Exporting it as a Older Style EPS or as a Different File Type. Its not the Greatest Solution But If nothing Else Works. Or if you know Anyone that Might have access to Corel then...:peace!:

S

SignTech

Ohhhhhh SNAP:Big Laugh!!!! Thanks, but it's still a bit messy.
Much better to work with though:clapping::thankyou:

Yeah combining or welding similar colors will help with a couple colors. But as Flame said you made have to retrace all colors (areas) and separate them out. I would charge if you can.

~M