• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unique project - need fabrication advise!

edensdesign

I would have them build the underside of the deck with a flat solid substrate facing the area where the sign is to be installed for that section and pin mount painted aluminum with welded studs and use green spacers to match the bush.. acrlylic or pvc would work too but may be more fragile than welded studs... drill the pattern before bush is put there... then install through the bush.. will need access inside the under deck... but aside from being a little fragile its relatively easy and you should be able to charge quite a premium.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Clear 1/4" acrylic. Polish edges and Heat bend to shape. 1/4" white acrylic solvent cut and welded as needed. A couple solid supports painted green and attached to whatever you can get a hold of.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Just hire a kid to sit at the bottom of the stairs, throwing a paper airplane into the bushes all day. Probably cheaper, definitely easier. And, more attractive (unless it's an ugly kid).

jfiscus

Rap Master
We did this for a similar project, but it is indoors.

For your project I would fabricate everything out of Aluminum.

MJ-507

Master of my domain.
It wouldn't be fun but, if you route the logo from 1/4" or 3/8" aluminum plate, you could tap each individual piece of the logo and stud-mount them back to the wall. I would add thin wall PVC tube spacers to keep the stand-off from the wall consistent and, if the spacers are painted green, they would maybe somewhat blend into the foliage & sorta kinda look like the logo is floating in front of the green stuff. Of course, as someone said earlier, the landscapers will not be happy, especially when they see that they will have to trim the foliage by hand with a pair of shears, but that's the customer's problem. I would explain very clearly to the customer that, over time, the pieces of the logo will start to droop and, if a passerby bumps into the pieces in a drunken stupor, they will most definitely break off.

citysignshop

I'd say either pin mount individual pieces of white acrylic on there, or use a full piece of clear acrylic with vinyl in front cut to shape. I don't think this one is as hard as the lit one
Nothing wrong with someone that wants to have 'fun' with their graphics! Ask Dan Sawatsky...Imagination corporation.....check him out! This one might work with a heat gun and PVC pipe, then just wrap green vinyl to create the dashes. DEFINITELY make it mounted on removable stakes, that drop into sleeves in the ground, I see NO way you could trim around it, the hedge will bury it and push it around.....

highrolling24

If this is a drinking establishment I can see one of my friends drinking to much or as he says just enough, trying to get on a bike that is in a f*@#ed up rack, and then falling over and impaling himself on these dashes made of .125 alum or acrylic pieces then get pissed and break them all as I am going out the front door lol