• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unique project - need fabrication advise!

imajenn

Here's a fun one...

Client submitted the design concept below - see white curved dash line airplane on the bush. Does anyone have any idea how we can fabricate something like this?

They know it will get dirty and the landscaper will need to trim around it.

1654737398249.png

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Flat aluminum plate notched to match the dash pattern (like a really rough comb). Same for the paper plane. Bend into the loop pattern and sink the solid backbone part into the bushes out of view.
Are those bike racks real or just rendered-in Minecraft props?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Flat aluminum plate notched to match the dash pattern (like a really rough comb). Same for the paper plane. Bend into the loop pattern and sink the solid backbone part into the bushes out of view.
Are those bike racks real or just rendered-in Minecraft props?
Those were the forms for the lightpole footers but the Mexicans got confused

Mr. Signboy

Cut a flat solid piece of aluminum in the shape of the swoop pattern and the plane, drill and tap a hole for every dash, drill and tap a hole in the back of each dash and a couple for the plane, use small diameter all thread rods to connect them all together, adjust the length of the rods to match the thickness of the bush. Attach some sort of mounting arms/posts to the back of the plate inside the bush.

Signscorp

I'd say either pin mount individual pieces of white acrylic on there, or use a full piece of clear acrylic with vinyl in front cut to shape. I don't think this one is as hard as the lit one

rjssigns

Start with artificial foliage since it will be mounted to a backer. It will also eliminate the landscaper wrecking something. The rest is pin/stud mount bits. Lots of bits but very doable. DXF file, lasered aluminum, aluminum studs, some TIG welding yada yada yada.

Nothing is impossible it just costs more.;)

Stacey K

I like making signs
Actually, RJ's got a good idea. Once you create your mounting system you can order fake foliage to match this type of shrub and you can then attach some to each of the rods after you paint them green to match the shrub.

Maybe you can make this thing detachable from the mounting plate for the landscaper. He can take it off, trim then put it back on.
1654787935860.jpeg