• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unrealistic requests/deadlines

Stacey K

I like making signs
Not to brag but I just got a $5.40 tip for getting a banner done within 24 hours for a graduation party tomorrow. She sent me the design so I just had to replicate it and print.

I also charged a little bit more than I normally would for the rush job, so between the extra I charged and the tip my dinner is paid for tonight at the new restaurant! God knows it won't cover all the drinks but dinner is a start :roflmao:

gnubler

Earlier one day this week I had several people pick up jobs and they all paid cash, so right now my wallet is flush with 50s and 100s. I didn't have enough change for the last one of the day, it was twenty-something bucks, and he just told me to keep it. Beer money!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Not to brag but I just got a $5.40 tip for getting a banner done within 24 hours for a graduation party tomorrow. She sent me the design so I just had to replicate it and print.

I also charged a little bit more than I normally would for the rush job, so between the extra I charged and the tip my dinner is paid for tonight at the new restaurant! God knows it won't cover all the drinks but dinner is a start :roflmao:
I once got a $3 tip! and another time that same customer brought me a cheeseburger. A different older customer once gave me flowers and chocolates

gnubler

That'll get ya what...... 2 beers at today's prices ??

Barely 6! I think that was the most I ever paid for a six pack, and I'm opting out from now on. Boxed wine is a much better value, and very classy as well.

gnubler

I once got a $3 tip! and another time that same customer brought me a cheeseburger. A different older customer once gave me flowers and chocolates
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a cheeseburger today? Sounds like a low-rent bribe!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I started buying beer, a 6pk cost around $1.70. What is it now ?? At the bar, I could get a 20oz draft beer for 15¢. The pizza was around 20¢ a slice.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't drink anymore for some specific reasons. But I do have an occasional glass of port, maybe late at night or mid Sunday afternoon. A gallon costs $18.00, but it'll last me 2 or 3 days. No, it can last about 3 or 4 weeks, unless my wife has some.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Was he in a van ?? ............ wearing a trenchcoat ??
Nope. this is what I made for him. He LOVED it. 36x24" on Ultraboard

1658510352371.jpeg

ETA, it replaced this:
Names.jpg

Last edited:

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I don't drink anymore for some specific reasons. But I do have an occasional glass of port, maybe late at night or mid Sunday afternoon. A gallon costs $18.00, but it'll last me 2 or 3 days. No, it can last about 3 or 4 weeks, unless my wife has some.
If port were that cheap over here, I'd lay off the beers.

garyroy

When I started buying beer, a 6pk cost around $1.70. What is it now ?? At the bar, I could get a 20oz draft beer for 15¢. The pizza was around 20¢ a slice.
On Long Island in 1964, a slice of pizza and a coke was 25 cents. An 8-slice pie was $1.30.
Had many a slice back then, and happy to continue the tradition to this day at $20/pie.

mfatty500

On Long Island in 1964, a slice of pizza and a coke was 25 cents. An 8-slice pie was $1.30.
Had many a slice back then, and happy to continue the tradition to this day at $20/pie.
How much for a 4 slice pie, no way can I eat eight pieces :p

John Miller

This was my main reluctance for this request, also for a bush type of plane. I'm not against taking on rush orders as long as there's a contingency plan in case something goes wrong, this wasn't one of those cases.

Does anyone here routinely do installs using third party graphics? I thought it was generally something to be avoided.
We've done a few installs of 3rd party supplied graphics. If anything goes wrong it becomes a pissing contest. Whose fault is the problem. Stay away if you can.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm leaving tomorrow for the rest of the week to go camping with my family and about 25 others. Anyway -- some guy came in 15 minutes ago asking me if I could make him a banner by Friday...it's printing right now...

I could not turn this last minute order down...too funny!

1658863305179.png