• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgrading Gerber Omega from 1.56 to 3.0

Malkin

Just received our upgrade kits to go from 1.56 to 3.0. :cool1:

I have 2 older XP machines to install to and 2 other machines to install layout stations to.

Any tips or advice? I will probably try to get this done tomorrow or Monday.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's doubtful that you will have any problems with the upgrades. You're going to see a lot of changes though. The only one that gave me any problems was the Smart Edit Reaction feature. Once I got used to the way it works though, it became my favorite new feature.

Have fun.

Marlene

Smart Edit Reaction feature

the reaction feature has to be my all time favorite thing. have you ever done a ton of copy setting and then did special effects, outlines, shadows and such only to have to change the font or a word? you used to have to re-do everything, now all you need to do is click on what needs to be changed in the drop down menu and change just that and all you work stays.

as far as installing it it should go OK

signage

Malkin I would contact Gerber they released a new version just yesterday! It is 4.0 and now has some added feature I think you would much appreciate.

Malkin

Yeah that re-action has got to be great! I've been using this older version since I started here 7 years ago, and redoing outlines, shadows etc is annoying.
There are lots of features I am excited about. The simple ability to copy & paste live text is one as well.

They'll send us a free upgrade to 4.0 next week. We are going to this get out of the way first, then make a decision on installing the 4.0

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is a bit of an odd repeat setup we do regularly for a client. He needs four identical serial number labels set together in sets in numerical order. We ended up running 8 sets vertically x 125 horizontally to produce 1000 sets. Updating the numbers for the 1000 sets using Reaction takes less than two minutes.

Attachments

• reaction.jpg
    reaction.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 118

Malkin

That's great Fred, you must love the time savings!

I'm impressed at how easily this software installed and picks up on my preferences, fonts, output devices etc. I had head horror stories of installing Graphix Advantage and the earlier versions of Omega.

In addition to all the great stuff that's new (to us), I though the Natural Layout tool was cool, straight out of Mike Stevens' book.