• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS

greysquirrel

Anyone noticing any issue with UPS recently. Besides delay, which I can live with. They are correcting and charging every 7 of 10 invoices. Weight, size, address(my favorite was RT instead of route) Are they leaking money because of their Amazon contract? Anyone else having UPS headaches?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
FedEx notices when stuff is 1" off and I get a correction charged to my account. UPS was more loose but maybe Amazon is running them thin.

USPS doesn't check or care about anything.

Black Star

Not A New Member
We have UPS headaches almost daily. Our local UPS hub has been mismanaged for years. Now with Covid, they have something to blame all their issues on which they are fully taking advantage of. They put our packages on 3-4 different routes depending on who knows what. Sometimes we get deliveries at 10:00am, which has been the norm for 20 years!, and sometimes we get packages at 7pm at night. It has made last minute jobs hard to deal with because we just don't know when to expect our packages. I've always made friends with the UPS drivers and they all tell me how UPS has turned into a crummy company to work for. The old timers had it really well but the new batch aren't treated or paid the way they used to be.

Then we have FEDEX which sometimes just decides they aren't going to deliver to us on when it isn't convenient for them.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Here is a nifty tip...

If you have something important then have it "Hold for Pickup" at your LOCAL HUB. They usually get the trucks first thing in the morning and you're not dicking around with a driver that may or may not deliver.

unclebun

Are you using UPS Worldship? If so, it can validate addresses before you print the label. I used to get dinged for dimensions because I guessed wrong. Now I measure recycled boxes and I know the dimensions of our stock boxes and never get dinged for dimensions. What I've noticed is a sharp increase in rates the last 2 weeks.

greysquirrel

Are you using UPS Worldship? If so, it can validate addresses before you print the label. I used to get dinged for dimensions because I guessed wrong. Now I measure recycled boxes and I know the dimensions of our stock boxes and never get dinged for dimensions. What I've noticed is a sharp increase in rates the last 2 weeks.
thanks.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Just tracked a package from Illinois heading to me in Indiana, and it's running late. It's currently on it's way...

To Buffalo, NY.

o_O

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
UPS can be pretty fickle on dimensions. They corrected 8.25" X 8.25" boxes that I had declared as 9" X 9" to 9" x 8". I recently declared one as 9" x 8" and they charged me Over $12 to correct it to 9" X 9". I like to use USPS as much as I can.

signage

UPS can be pretty fickle on dimensions. They corrected 8.25" X 8.25" boxes that I had declared as 9" X 9" to 9" x 8". I recently declared one as 9" x 8" and they charged me Over $12 to correct it to 9" X 9". I like to use USPS as much as I can.

If they keep measuring all the boxes they are going to be even later!

Jeremiah

I will guess that it all started when several cheap customers. started shipping boxes and claiming they were smaller than they really were. Just like the customer who tells the sign company he wants a quote for an 18 x 24 sign . But really wsnts an 22 x 32. Then complains when price is higher.