• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

US Cutters, Good, Bad or Ugly?

Silverado

I'am currently running two Roland 24 inch plotters, but could use another one. I'am considering the US Cutter MH721 mainly (you guessed it) for the price.

Do you guys/girls have any experience with US Cutters?

My Rolands have NEVER given me any grief but, as you know, are much more expensive.

If you get a chance, write back and let me know.

Thank you...

Roger Bolander
Winston Sign Company - Arizona

Silverado

Hey Techman!

This US Cutter company reminds me of "You Get What You Pay For" line.

But on the other hand I here that Roland's are now made in China not Japan anymore. So I would like to here from anyone that actually has and uses a US Cutter.

resqfiremedic

I would have to agree although I havent seen a US cutter but some other "cheap" cutters at the ISA show last year. Cheaper parts and just not made the same. They work but for how long and how well. I have learned a lesson over the years and you said it in your post!

Valentino

I used to have a pcut, then i got a graphtec Fc3000-60 and wow, i could never imaging using my pcut again. I just bought a fc7000-130 for my bigger stuff. no way i would go with somthing under 500 bucks.

just a quick question, why do you need 3, 24 inch cutters?

Techman

Roland's are now made in China not Japan anymore
This is not the problem.. If a machine is made under the engineering supervision of a known company then fine. Its the nonsupervised no name machines that cause problems. IF someone wants to justify buying a no name machine so be it. Just remember all the posts that complain about some problem with those no name branded machines.

Ken

Yep, and the biggest plunge in the stock market since 9-11 wasn't caused by China.
But, Roger..you are happy with Roland machines..why not stick with that?
Ken

Silverado

Roland GX-24 It Is!

Just wanted to thank all of you who responded to my question about US Cutters.

After your comments and my other research the Roland GX-24 wins out!

This is based on the quality and durability of this product from first hand experience.

Thanks Again!

...Roger