• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Us tech laminator

R08

.... What were some of the user errors that were in your learning curve? Maybe I can avoid some of them.

Basically just learning to use an automated laminator. I knew I'd waste a bunch of vinyl in the learning week but I was really surprised that it wasn't that bad at all. It may have cost me 15-20' of print media.

Learning how to feed from youtube videos. I found the way that works for me without a sled. Too tired to put THAT into works right now.

Making sure the laminate is feed tightly enough and lined up properly. Make sure the backer paper is unrolled as far as possible when starting.
Finding the optimum speed (around 3-5" per second is good for me but i couldn't help myself to see how fast it would go... fun for about 5-6 feet).

I have an extra media cowcatcher thing from an old Mutoh and I think I'm going to try to install it on the back of this sucker and see if will roll up the laminated media for me.

later

AUTO-FX

Arctic titan 1040 - very nice !

HERE ARE PICS OF MY NEW LAMINATOR. NOTE THE OPTIONAL MEDIA BASKET IN THE FRONT. THIS WAS A SUGGESTION, BY THE GBC GUY WHO WAS JUST HERE TO TRAIN ME, TO KEEP THE PRINTS OFF THE FLOOR AND CLEAN. THE OTHER OPTION I HAVE IS THE DEE-LUX H.D.STAND FROM IKEA, WITH THE EXCLUSIVE CASTER WHEEL UPGRADE. I WOULD THINK THAT FOR 4300$ IT SHOULD COME WITH THESE THINGS, BUT NOOOO. OH, AND NOBODY TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE NO STAND LIKE IN THE CATALOG PICTURES. TURNS OUT THE CATALOG PICTS ARE THE1064WFC. I HAVE RUN ABOUT 30 FEET OF STUFF THROUGH, AND NOT MY FINGERS, AND I'M REALLY GLAD I DITCHED THE DAIGE, OVERLOOKED THE CHEAPO CHINESE SET-UPS, AND BOUGHT THIS ONE. I WILL ADD THAT IT WAS NICE TO HAVE THE REPS HERE ON SITE.TWICE.ONE GUY CAME TO PLUG IT IN FOR ME AND MAKE SURE IT WORKS, THE OTHER 2 CAME TO TRAIN ME. THEY ALSO WERE IN TOUCH SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE THE MACHINE EVEN GOT HERE, SO A+ FOR GBC.:thumb:

AUTO-FX

DUH. SORRY.:beer

Attachments

• laminator 001.jpg
    laminator 001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 220
  • laminator 002.jpg
    laminator 002.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 205
  • laminator 003.jpg
    laminator 003.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 206

AUTO-FX

purchased a clear laminator with media basket and wheels. got it reeeaaal cheap on EBAY. here are the pics....

GetPixelized

looking formore info on these laminators

Hello all, I am new to this forum and found you while doing some research on the internet about cold laminators. I am starting a new sports photography side business (more of a hobby really, but if i can make a few bucks then all the better) and was hoping someone here can help me make a decesion. I want to get a cold press laminator to laminate some pictures and mostly trading cards i am going to make. been looking at cold press rollers and would like to get one. I was originally going to get a small one, just big enought to do 8.5x11 sheets of trading cards. however, i would p-refer to get on to do the full size prints that i am going to make. I have a Canon itp8300 44" l;arge format printer.

so heres my questions, i found this thread and happen to be looking at one of the printers discussed in this thread. can anyone provide me with any info an either of these two laminators...
1. the WORF PLUS 50"
2. MJ500 55""

any help is appriciated...

BTW, i am not going to be doing HUGH production.....

thanks...dave

Brandex.ca

I have the USTECH WORF AK-500 professional cold laminator which is my first laminator, I have done about 50ft so far with no issues and have yet to destroy anything, I am very happy about this as I was concerned about a cheap unit. I have to say I love this thing and does what I need it to do... vehicle wraps, mounting graphic on coroplast, and installing pre-mask. It would be interesting to try a high end unit though to compare.

Firefox

I just bought my first large format cold laminator. I get a little silvering but so far it has gone away by next morning.

PS: Dale do you plan on adding heat assist of future BS units?

:ROFLMAO:

kyjoe340

On ebay the seller for USTech has 100% feedback. It seems if there was a problem with the laminator someone would neg him for sure. I would like to buy a laminator this week. The RSC1401 55" Royal Soverign is my first pick but for 1/3 the price the USTech looks good.

kyjoe340

I'm going to purchase a USTech 65" laminator. The main difference in the AK and VT series is the AK has a tension adjustment on top of each side of the top roller. The VT, $500 more, has a single adjustment in front that lowers the top roller evenly. Is it worth the extra $500? The people at USTech tell me the weight of the roller (150lbs) is all the pressure that is needed. So with either the single or dual adjustment you just lower the wheel till it makes contact, no extra pressure needed. I'm don't see the value of the single adjustment at $500 extra for a one man shop that probably won't laminate much anyway. The price is right for the AK, shipped to my house $2,228.

kyjoe340

004.JPG

005.JPG

Here's a couple of pics of the USTECH AK600 65" Laminator. I haven't used it yet but everything seems excellent on it.

AUTO-FX

looks nice, like it's well made, but what might bother me is the separate pressure adjustments at each end. That reminds me of the Daige, which has this inherent problem of uneven pressure along the length of the rollers.
Let us know how it is after you give it a whirl!

sorry just re-read your earlier post and read your comment about the roller weight. Makes sense i guess. Well- you'll find out! Keep us posted here.

Last edited:

tattoo.dan

Attachment 59383

Attachment 59384

Here's a couple of pics of the USTECH AK600 65" Laminator. I haven't used it yet but everything seems excellent on it. 12-30-2010 03:33 PM

so do you still like it? I am thinking of ordering the exact same unit first thing tomorrow. I just sold my daige! need a laminator!

kyjoe340

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Here's a few more pics. Loaded it up using a leader board and ran thru 8' of laminate, no wrinkles. Super easy, no problems. I'm just guessing on how much tension to put on the take up roller but it's working. My biggest decision on ordering this laminator was should I have paid the extra $500 for a single main roller adjustment. In my case I made the right decision saving a little money and getting dual adjustment knobs on top of the machine. One thing I will say there isn't much to go wrong with the knobs, very simple. I don't laminate much and I wanted to keep a cheap laminator cheap.This is my first laminator so I can't be very much help comparing it to anything else. All I can say is it works, seems well made and durable, and best of all cheap. I can buy my 54" plotter with the money I saved over a RSC or Seal. My only negative observation is the instructions are no help, bad translation etc. It came form Orlando to my home in KY in 2 days and was very well crated. It's very easy to put the base together, then you set the machine on the stand, use 4 people to lift it's heavy.

I have one question, once you get done laminating do you leave the laminate fed in the machine and just lift the top roller slightly.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 94

kyjoe340

[/ATTACH]

A couple of pics on how well it's crated.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 96