• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Us tech laminator

AUTO-FX

Hey does anybody have a us tech laminator? Saw them on masterwarehouse website. They are cheap but look a whole lot better than a daige. I have a daige that i just got , used, and it sucks so bad i cant do anything large with it.it's just old and worn out i figure. Cant afford to buy a nice gbc or royal or something and thought maybe i could get by with this "worf 44" fer a while....really sucks when you get a nice print an wreck it in the daige in like, point 3 seconds....

AUTO-FX

I am leary about buying a used one, but i might have to do it anyway. Thanks for the link ! I will keep the daige to use for app tape!

R08

I got one for the same reason. I thought the Daigle looked pretty wimpy besides the UStech one.
I upgraded from a big squeegee so the difference was dramatic. It took a bit of learning but I was laminating 8' prints in a couple days. The longest I've done is about 32' in one run. Other than the occasional screw-up (usually operator error) it works like a charm.

AUTO-FX

I got this used daige, replaced the bottom roller cover because it was twisted and wrinkled, and proceeded to try to use it. I experimented with about 50 ft of materials, with and without a sled, and the best i could do was a 3x3 peice before a problem occured. It is impossible to get the pressure even from end to end. Because there is no roll tension, i used my hand to keep the film taught and this helped a lot, but still not worth messin around tryin to do any big prints.

AUTO-FX

MY WIFE JUST SAID "FOR GODS SAKE JUST USE THE CREDIT CARD AND BUY THE GBC - BUT NO MORE BEER" . AND I SAID WHAAAAATTTTT????? :beer

Rooster

You'll be happy with the GBC. It's a great laminator. It'll save you enough time and money that you won't have to sacrifice your beer budget.

AUTO-FX

Well, i pulled the trigger this afternoon. Ordered a gbc arctic titan. Getting the 38" model for a little over 4k. Advantage sign supply. Cant get here soon enough....

AUTO-FX

Ps. I did a whole lot of research on this, looked at a boat load of laminator specs and came to the conclusion that you'll get what you pay for and why mess around with the most critical part of production. It's ironic- i am spending more on this laminator than i did for the printer. Who'da thunk....

Rooster

Ps. I did a whole lot of research on this, looked at a boat load of laminator specs and came to the conclusion that you'll get what you pay for and why mess around with the most critical part of production. It's ironic- i am spending more on this laminator than i did for the printer. Who'da thunk....

Considering how fast a cheap laminator can ruin a days worth of prints you've made a wise choice.

Salmoneye

I have heard some really good things about the new design that master is selling. I don't have one but would like some real feedback from people that do.

legacysigns

I talked to the guys at US Tech today as well and was wondering if it was worth it? We need a new 55" laminator. So the GBC is a good unit? Has anyone seen or heard any negative talk about the Mast from US Tech?

AUTO-FX

i think TresL was sayin he saw the USTech or Master laminator (not GBC) at the show he went to and he said to "keep on walkin."
I think these USTechs and Masters are some chinese knock offs. if you buy a chinese knock off, where ya gonna get help with it when there's a problem? That was the deciding question for me, anyway.

legacysigns

SignRite, What model do you have. We were at the convention this weekend and their price is a little cheaper for the Cold Laminator with heat assist. 55" & 65". How is your experience with the laminator? Any troubles?

R08

SignRite, What model do you have. We were at the convention this weekend and their price is a little cheaper for the Cold Laminator with heat assist. 55" & 65". How is your experience with the laminator? Any troubles?

Mine is a 55" cold laminator. The one I ordered was out of stock so they sent me the better model.
Unfortunately I don't have experience with any of the fancy laminators so I can't compare. I'm sure the ones mentioned here are much better but I'm a one-man shop (mostly) and high production machine was not needed.

After seeing pictures of the upper end machines I think what I have is a no frills but hard working piece of equipment.

But after using a Big Squeegee (thanks Dale... I still use them everyday) it was a huge improvement to go to an automated laminator especially for longer runs. I was going to buy a Daigle but it just looked too cheap to me.

Anyways I am totally satisfied with this laminator. I can do runs of 8'-10' no problem and have done runs over 30' . I've also used it to mount and works great.

Most problems I've encounterd were user errors and part of my learning costs

mj-500.gif .

I got the MJ 500

Salmoneye

I am going to order one of these in a 65" or the model right above it. What were some of the user errors that were in your learning curve? Maybe I can avoid some of them.