• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

**Useful Web-site to bookmark**

GK

http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/

This site converts bitmap images to vector art - it's an online auto-tracer.
Just upload your image and it will convert it for you.

I am not gonna lie, for an online web-app it is pretty amazing. I did some traces in Corel and Illustrator and it was right up there with them. Still doesn't beat being a perfectionist with the bezier tool and such (or sending your work off to the Vector Doctor :wink:) but I am sure someone will find this usefull.

Enjoy

Ken

I just tried it with a very simple jpeg (6kb) and it gave me an error message about the " copy error to clipboard"...I'll try again.
Ken

Ken

Second try..

Here's the original low res jpeg..then a bitmap of the .eps that was returned from the vector magic site...
Note that my original file was 6kb..the .eps was 1.1 MB and I had to compress this to a jpeg for posting here and it ended up as ~ 29 kb.
So there is some usefulness here I think..
Notice, there is distortion on some of the main text..and it did not reproduce the trademark symbol very well..
Cheers!
Ken

Attachments

• cooplogored1.jpg
    cooplogored1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 133
  • coop .eps converted to jpeg.jpg
    coop .eps converted to jpeg.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 143

Shovelhead

Why don't we forget about Fred's Clipart site while we're at it
and find free stuff on the net?
:rolleyes:

Don't mind me...rough morning.

cOrKinSA

Why don't we forget about Fred's Clipart site while we're at it
and find free stuff on the net?
:rolleyes:

Don't mind me...rough morning.

Sorry about your morning Shovel.
I would figure him to look at freds site first automatically as I do and then move on to other sites if I don't find that certain one I'm looking for.
Don't let a rough morning lead to a rough day.

Shovelhead

Sorry about your morning Shovel.
I would figure him to look at freds site first automatically as I do and then move on to other sites if I don't find that certain one I'm looking for.
Don't let a rough morning lead to a rough day.

I was being sarcastic...I failed to notice that he mentioned
Dr. Vector.
Better now.
:cool1::thumb:

Marlene

Shovelhead, Love the new avatar!!! Your morning may be bad but mine got a good laugh just looking at it!!!!

GK

I was being sarcastic...I failed to notice that he mentioned
Dr. Vector.
Better now.
:cool1::thumb:

see that shovel -- jumpin' to conclusions alreadyyyyyyy on me lol, i forgive ya...i don't like mornings either, id never wanna take money off the table for anyone here, but a resource is a resource and no one should ever limit their resources.