• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1204 without smart chips

Roland

Hi all!

How can I trick a Mutoh ValueJet 1204? I want to use 3rd party inks but I can't do it because of the "smart chips".
Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

FatCat

Seen something a long time ago about having to downgrade your firmware to a really old version and also I think you had to have an older model JV-1204??? Maybe someone on here can clear that up for you.

*Just curious, what ink are you going to use? Companies like FieldCenter and JetBest USA offer bulk ink by the liter and you can buy blank smartcards for like $5/ea.

Roland

I really hope someone will open my eyes regarding this problem. If blank smartcards are the only solution I have, then ..this is it! But...maybe...what if....
I will use Nazdar-Lyson products. I heard that are pretty good inks. Opinions?

Thank you!

henryp

Hi all!

How can I trick a Mutoh ValueJet 1204? I want to use 3rd party inks but I can't do it because of the "smart chips".
Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

You need to install the modified ink parameter (.ulk file) to the printer to bypass the smart chips.

jbennett

Would be nice if someone could explain some options for alternative or bulk ink for a VJ 1204. I was actually going to ask if there was anything useful that could be done with old empty cartridges. For some reason, I have never been able to make myself throw them away. I have hundreds of them!! I also have a card programmer that may or may not have been used many years ago on sat TV cards :) Appears to have some sort of ISO7816 card on the cartridges.

jbennett

Roland

You need to install the modified ink parameter (.ulk file) to the printer to bypass the smart chips.

Can you please tell us more about that .ulk file???
Thanks a lot!
Randya, thank you for the link, but I don't understand much on how can I "trick" my Mutoh. Can you please be more specific?

Regards

henryp

Can you please tell us more about that .ulk file???
Thanks a lot!
Randya, thank you for the link, but I don't understand much on how can I "trick" my Mutoh. Can you please be more specific?

Regards

This is how we do it in Australia, not sure if the same applies to the rest of the world.

The .ulk file is part of the .mpi file which is embedded on the printer. The .mpi file can be extracted from the printer through the Mutoh Service Assistance (MSA) program. After extraction, the .mpi file is emailed to Mutoh, who from this mpi data, will then create a new .ulk file specific to your printer which will then be emailed back to you. The modified .ulk file is then copied back to the printer, again using MSA program. This process is usually done through the Mutoh dealers as there is a fee involved in unlocking each printer.

OLE

Yes, you are right, there are files with .mpi and .ulk extensions, indeed!
It sounds like legal procedure, but I think it is not available in the whole world.
How much did you pay for it?

henryp

Yes, you are right, there are files with .mpi and .ulk extensions, indeed!
It sounds like legal procedure, but I think it is not available in the whole world.
How much did you pay for it?

Not sure how much, this is done through the dealers. This allows mainly waterbased ink Valuejet printers to run 3rd party inks for printing on film positive, transfer paper or direct to fabric.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have excellent compatible eco solvent ink for Mutoh Valuejet. As long as you are using Eco Ultra ink from Mutoh, no flush is required.

Tendai

Please help.
We have a mutoh valuejet 1304 which is unchiped we have used it for over 2 years now using the bulk ink system without chips. Yesterday it just showing [inks not original] and it won't go past that.