• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 64"

D

DARLAK

I just have constant nightmares with this thing. Between this low end *budget* printer and a computer not nearly good enough to run a large format printer I'm constantly pulling my hair out =O

how much *experience* do you have??? 8 months ???? I don't care how much you spend on a printer, if you don't know it's quirks, they'll all be peices of chit....

3dsignco

Ditto What Matt Said.
Were over a Year now with our VJ and Not a Single Problem.
Never had a Problem Printing Especially Blue.
Heck I was so surprised how well it printed Flesh tones as a CMYK printer.

I really think you have some Software issues.. If you are using the Stock Flexi POS that came with it I see why your having the problems..
But I am Biased. Get a real RIP.

jiarby

Do you need bungee cords or D-Rings for this order??

Attachments

• minibanner.jpg
    minibanner.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 70

schurms

I think this industry has a lack of good resources and reputable software companies. I think that all starts from the mom and pop shop mantality.
Our venders think no one talks. Boards like this will fry those people that think that way.
Printer manufactures won't give you a service manual you can use to service your own printer.
Software companies in this industry are sub pare at best. There are some good ones but they seem few and far between. It is really frustrating to buy equipment with no real help. Dealers are a waste of time in most instances as you know more in three days than they do. Not all dealers are that way but most.
I guess thats what you get walmart prices with walmart service.

jiarby

No..

He said it prints a nozzle check OK, and will print blue if he makes it CMYK. It is just the RIP choking on translating the Pantone

Compilla

It cracks me up how it's always the printer's fault, never the end-user! I've had the ValueJet for well over 2 years now and I have NEVER had issues like this. Granted, I create all my profiles in-house, and I'm good at it, so that helps, and I have a RIP that backs up nearly everything I throw at it. I like Flexi, but I feel that there are certainly more robust RIPs out there for the large format market. I use Wasatch 6.3 and the spot color replacement, Color Atlas Generator, and all of their other tools pack a mighty punch! Also, there are DOZENS of VJ users on this forum and I can't think of many who have bad things to say about the VJ. You need to contact your dealer and get some assistance on this, either that or call Flexi for help. I don't know if you're in warranty, blah, blah, blah, but believe me, the ValueJet is a kick-ass printer! Buying a Jeti or JV33 won't solve anything unless you have a handle on your workflow in the first place. That's the most important part of an investment like this is having a dealer in your corner that understands what's going on and has resources to back it up. Do some searching, you'll be surprised at what support you can get from more specialized dealers. Who'd you buy it from anyway?

I concur Matt.

Matt Cuellar

I think this industry has a lack of good resources and reputable software companies. I think that all starts from the mom and pop shop mantality.
Our venders think no one talks. Boards like this will fry those people that think that way.
Printer manufactures won't give you a service manual you can use to service your own printer.
Software companies in this industry are sub pare at best. There are some good ones but they seem few and far between. It is really frustrating to buy equipment with no real help. Dealers are a waste of time in most instances as you know more in three days than they do. Not all dealers are that way but most.
I guess thats what you get walmart prices with walmart service.

While I think a lot of what you said is true, I also think you underestimate the dealer channel. Just like "mom and pop shops," there are also "mom and pop" dealers that specialize in only a few products versus the whole enchilada. Honestly, I will toot my company's horn because I hear this all the time. We get LOTS of business from companies because they're tired of what you just said....dealing with larger players that sell everything but know nothing. I'm not going to name anyone by name, but I will tell you I've seen it very CLEARLY in my region and on one hand it's great for us, but not so much with the customer when they put their cash and trust in someone that doesn't have clue on how to handle things. While pricing and inventory are important, it's not the only thing! How many people would pay a little more money to get a lot more expertise and service out of their dealer? Probably most of us. There are companies out there that exist that are incredibly focused and centralized, it's a matter of finding the right one. I hope whoever you decide to work with gives you more than a great price. Because sometimes a cheap price means cheap service and no follow-through. Good luck!

rcboats1

Wow I was thinking about getting that exact printer... Hopefully it is rip problem.

I have a Seiko 64s and it works good, except for the banding problems which I was hoping the Mutoh would get rid of for me.

I use pantone all the time, what else will you do when the client has a logo with certain colors?

Of coarse the pantone and what's printed is a little off, but thats why I print my own pantone color chart from the printer to use when matching pantone colors.
If pantones are a problem for the mutoh I have more work to do to find a good printer.....

You dont need to do any more work to find a great printer. Just do your homework on a dealer and go with someone that you feel will help you with what ever may crop up. Have you had a chance to play with the 1604? If not, PM me and you can come run mine (yep, I love mine and I have a dealer that has been there when I needed them) for a while to see if it really is what you are looking for.

Fuzzbuster

run Onyx and get on with things :rolleyes:

Onyx has worked as our software for many years without major problems

I think most true printers would agree

Last edited:

jiarby

When we bought out 1604 we dumped the FlexiSE it came with and upgraded to Onyx Production House

It's the real deal!

Fuzzbuster

A lot of complaining about PRINTERS not working right

when the color aint right 9 times outa 10 its something other than the printer

ie ...PROFILES
ie BAD BATCH OF MEDIA

I`m not saying that printers are perfect by any stretch of the imagination
but droping ink and head strikes are not because the printers bad it just has careless operators that dont know and do the daily maintenance

Profiles are key to your printing temp settings and and and...

We run the crap outta our old tanks and they`ve been great printers

we also build our own profiles and when something goes wrong and it always does... we can fix it

If anyone is into printing for corporate biggies in any kind of volume....

THEY KNOW HOW IMPROTANT PROFILES ARE

But ...you can always stick any old profiles in there and spin the wheel...

Its a crap shoot boys

Welcome to the PRINT WORLD

heh...heh...:rolleyes: