• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector Magic

Gallant Reflex

I just got a copy of Vector Magic and I love it. It will take the crappiest little jpeg or gif and vectorize it, enabling you to blow it up as large as needed. Does a very good job and it is very flexible with alot of advanced options.

Shovelhead

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attachments

• hawking.jpg
    hawking.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 92

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I just got a copy of Vector Magic and I love it. It will take the crappiest little jpeg or gif and vectorize it, enabling you to blow it up as large as needed....

No it won't.

If the information is not in the image then there's no information to use for interpolation. If, on the other hand, sufficient information is present in the image then any good bitmap trace algorithm will suffice.

mtm

I have it as well. I like it. What file type do you have to save it as in order to enlarge it to whatever size necessary in photoshop. Or is this even possible? I saved it as a .EPS and when I opened it in photoshop, enlarging it made it all pixelated again.

Shovelhead

It's not a professional tool, plain and simple. I recommend you noobs
download INKSCAPE and use it's tracing tool.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I have it as well. I like it. What file type do you have to save it as in order to enlarge it to whatever size necessary in photoshop. Or is this even possible? I saved it as a .EPS and when I opened it in photoshop, enlarging it made it all pixelated again.

Photoshop is primarily a raster based program. If you want it to remain a vector then you should be opening or importing the eps into Coreldraw, Illustrator or any number of sign design programs from Flexi and Gerber