• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vectorizing software

Stormyj

Just another guy
In a thread earlier today, I was reading and someone mentioned a software program that vectorized images. I use Corel draw, but I cant for the life of me remember what the program was. It might of even been a website. It wasnt the typical cd, ai, or typical softare, but something I had never heard of before. Anyone got any ideas?

AnthonyRalano

Drag your image in and hit the big green button. Save as an .eps. There is way more that you can do with it but with most images that are medium size or large it works like a charm. When you import in to FlexiSign you can ungroup. It will ungroup by color.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The problem with auto tracing is that 1) The quality of the result is totally dependent on the quality of the original, 2) All auto tracing uses global settings, so individual elements that might be handled differently suffer, and 3) Judging what is a good result and what isn't is totally subjective.

If your goal is to get a professional result, then you are best served by using the Bezier pen tool in the first place to draw your vectors from scratch or, at the very least, use your node editing tools to clean up and correct the vectors created by any auto tracing software.

rjssigns

Complex images I want in vector format get sent out. Besides the fact that top level vectorization programs cost more than a small house. For the price charged you can't do it yourself unless your time is worth nothing.

WildWestDesigns

The problem with auto tracing is that 1) The quality of the result is totally dependent on the quality of the original, 2) All auto tracing uses global settings, so individual elements that might be handled differently suffer, and 3) Judging what is a good result and what isn't is totally subjective.

If your goal is to get a professional result, then you are best served by using the Bezier pen tool in the first place to draw your vectors from scratch or, at the very least, use your node editing tools to clean up and correct the vectors created by any auto tracing software.

This is exactly why I'm not a huge fan of auto conversion in embroidery. Especially when it comes to #2.