• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Verizon Droid Phones...Which One to get?

Border

It would be awesome if it gets Ice Cream Sandwich. But that is the thing with those phones its a big IF. With a Google device like the Galaxy Nexus since its a development phone it is the first device to receive any update Google has available. It could take anywhere between 3mon-1.5yrs for that update to come to any other phone. By then the carrier may have dropped support for that phone. The Galaxy Nexus is rumored to cost $199.00 on contract when it comes out. If anybody here has not owned a Google development android device I highly suggest it. You will not be disappointed. These devices run faster and more stable then any other non-google devices. I would know I have owned them all.

This may be enough to sway me to wait a little longer...

Baz

Wait until the new line of phones come out but expect that the day after you make your purchase something else will come out better and faster than what you have just bought.

Air Art Girl

Have the Samsung Fascinate now, upgrade due in January. Looked at the RZR will have to do the homework come January on what is new. There is a Bionic in the house with no complaints.

Doyle

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but just wondering if you had considered the iPhone? I have a Verizon iPhone and came from an htc evo (android) and haven't really looked back. However, I am also not uninterested the android offerings, just haven't really desired more than what my iPhone does.

In my experience, the iPhone offers the best battery life by far, and there seems to be an app for everything. Creeping up on 10 months of use, this is the longest I have used ANY phone (I'm kind of a geek like that). However, I am very interested to see what android devices are released in the coming months.

Techman

Droid Bionic has a very short battery life ccording to the customer reports. All you have to do is read about it on the Verizon website. All the testimonies say basically the same thing. That is that battery life suckles. I would hate to carry a charger every where I went.

saktrnch

My daughter has the Bionic and likes it. I'm on my 2nd droid X lemon. Thinking about going back to the iPhone so I don't loose everything when I need to do a hard reset.

GB2

Old Member
I have a Droid Bionic and haven't done anything with it except use it right out of the box. For normal usage the regular battery lasts all day. If I was streaming movies then it probably wouldn't last all day but for phone calls, messaging, emailing, navigation, and occasional web browsing it is just fine. I did just switch to the extended battery however, since I ordered it with the new purchase and it just arrived, and that is lasting 2-3 days under normal usage. This is the first smart phone I've had so I don't have much to compare to but I can't imagine anything better.

Border

Thanks for all the tips and reviews! I am getting antsy to pull the trigger and get rid of my Crashberry!

SignBurst PCs

Droid Bionic has a very short battery life ccording to the customer reports. All you have to do is read about it on the Verizon website. All the testimonies say basically the same thing. That is that battery life suckles. I would hate to carry a charger every where I went.

I experienced the same thing out of the box. I very quickly learned how to use the included Power Control Widget and I have great battery life now.

signswi

My daughter has the Bionic and likes it. I'm on my 2nd droid X lemon. Thinking about going back to the iPhone so I don't loose everything when I need to do a hard reset.

What do you mean hard reset? Backup everything using Titanium Backup if you're talking about reinstalling the OS for some bizarre reason. You can even set it to automatically backup to Dropbox.