• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa works Messing w me

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Morning all,

So Versaworks is messing with me this morning. I'm getting a "Not enough Disk space" error when trying to rip a file. I've pretty much emptied out both ques which would normally fix this. The file itself is not that big, it's an .eps of a Transit side wrap that is all vector @50%, I ripped it's counter part with no issues. It's not a naming issue either. Stumped!

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 10.59.52 AM.png

Thanks in advance.

rjssigns

Try a a reboot of your system. Or, if you're using a PC hit control+alt+delete and see what pops up in task manager. My rig will open and try to run two instances of VW simultaneously. Creates all kinds of weird errors.

Can also try a PDF of the same file. If the PDF doesn't work open it in Acrobat and burn a postscript file.

WildWestDesigns

Does VW create auto backups for files used?

I know Wilcom (digitizing program) creates a backup file for every file that is saved in that program. If that folder takes up so much space, it will create that same error msg.

Might also try to do a Disk Cleanup of the C: drive as well. MS has a decent built in utility for that.

Attachments

• Disk Cleanup.PNG
    Disk Cleanup.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 394

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I've seen this before and it doesn't have anything to do with the hard drive of the computer. I don't remember what the fix was, but I hope you get it figured out.

apexx

If you get this message even you still have space on hdd, I would suggest you to disable hibernation on your computer. Uusyally hibernation is enable by default. Follow the guide below. It did helped me.

[FONT=&quot]To make hibernation unavailable, follow these steps:[/FONT]
  • 1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
  • 2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
  • 3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
  • 4. At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
  • 5. Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Thanks for all the replies, have not resolved this yet after much battling. I've found myself switching the blame from the file to the rip to the computer over and over again. The "super stumper" is that I've rebuilt the file from scratch using all the elements from the side that ripped ok giving the file a new name and new home jay to have it fail as well? Going to try Versaworks Dual or maybe PrintStudio. The file failed in Flexi as well.

FrankW

The disc space the RIP needs do not depend on the size of the source file. Every image will be converted to a halftone "bitmap" in 1:1 scale, and a large format print, additionally printed in high resolution, could need gigs of hard disk space. In addition, because of that, a 1'440x720dpi print needs twice the space compared to a 720x720dpi print.

If the file can't be ripped, you should clean up your harddisk. Not only the VersaWorks temporary files, but other temporary files too, applications what won't be needed anymore and so on. LFP-RIPping for van wrapping on a computer with 40 Gigabytes left only could lead to problems.

Thanks for all the replies, have not resolved this yet after much battling. I've found myself switching the blame from the file to the rip to the computer over and over again. The "super stumper" is that I've rebuilt the file from scratch using all the elements from the side that ripped ok giving the file a new name and new home jay to have it fail as well? Going to try Versaworks Dual or maybe PrintStudio. The file failed in Flexi as well.

Hey Behrmon,

No need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Did you try to print big files? I tried to print today everything at once( all sides were nested together and overall print length was nearly 700inch) I got the same error. I clicked on clip and tile and right clicked a few panels ( i will print those later)
after this I was able to send it to print

Redrider

An old post I know, but here's how I fixed the problem. In File Explorer right click on the hard drive or main hard drive. Click on Properties. Click on Disk Cleanup.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Try saving the EPS as a JPG or TIF and see if it will Rip, if that works, then the issue is not with the PC. There is something in the EPS that VersaWorks doesn't like.