• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaCamm Owners / Users ...

Spud

No.. lift up the wheels, roll it out a bit, lock back the wheels that cut off the banner material using a larger box cutter knife..

Chad.

No.. lift up the wheels, roll it out a bit, lock back the wheels that cut off the banner material using a larger box cutter knife..

Thats what i have been doing ... just making sure i was not the only person doing so ... i dont lift up the wheels though, i just hold the forward arrow.

mystysue

I use the sheet cutter.. always have with it.. i do make sure that i am holding down the side that is to my left when im facing the machine, The tech support guy that installed my machine recommended that just to make sure that edge is laying flat.
But i have had no problems cutting banners with the sheet cutter.

Doyle

Same here, you know that blade is a consumable part on the versacamm, and a new one is like $5. Mine has cut just fine for almost 2 years now, and I sheet cut banners, perforated film, etc. Though I do not think that I would want to try it on magnetic.

ChiknNutz

I have a pile of blades that came with mine, and have only replaced them a couple of times so far. Still, they are a CHEAP consumable and I've had no ill effects in using the Sheet Cut function for banners.

threeputt

My Roland's a year old, runs everyday. We use the sheet cut feature with everything we print. Just changed the blade for the first time in about a year the other day. Still have some from the original packet.

They're not expensive and last a long time.

Spud

Really? That's crazy - every time we sheet cut banner material it pulls the blade out of the magnetic - any advice?

Sign Works

You arn't using the sheet cut off function with the long media clamps in place are you? Can't do that, gotta remove them first. On my Versacamm I use the sheet cut off function on banner material without any problems.

player

Apparently changing the blade frequently can prevent little pieces of frayed "cut-off" material from clogging the works.

P

threeputt

SignWorks is probably on to it. Be certain, absolutely certain, you're not using the long clamps when you sheet cut.

But by all means use this feature, that's what it's there for. No Box Knives!