• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks Problem with Tiling

Doyle

I am having an issue with Versaworks when tiling images, particularly tiled images with contour cuts.

Here is an example:

I wish to to print an image 4' X 4' with a contour cut and must panel it with my 300v. I set the print job up in versaworks and choose which of the 2 panels I would like to print, with crop marks so I can laminate and reload to cut later. I am printing a total of 5 of these tiled images, so I wish to print all at once, laminate all at once, and cut all at once. However, when I finish printing one of the panels, and select the other panel for printing, the software notifies me that the "previously ripped data will be deleted, do you wish to continue?" And I DO NOT want to delete the ripped data because I have not yet laminated or cut the panels, and wish for everything to remain the same for re-loading. It seems that the program started doing this with one of the updates (not the most recent program update, but the previous one). I know that I can remedy this by finishing each panel individually (print, lam, cut) then move on to the next tile, but this does not seem like the quickest way to get things done. The program used to RIP the entire image (all tiles) and then you could select which one to print or cut, but now it seems that it only RIPS one tile at a time.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution???:help:

Thanks!

cdiesel

Not positive, but you should be able to tell it to print the whole thing in one shot. I would not recommend this, as you're talking about 40' of tracking. However, you should be able to tell it to make five copies and print both tiles at once. It should then print both five times with one set of reg marks.

Doyle

This job I am talking about is hypothetical, and I supposed I should say that I wanted to print a 4' X 8', and I try not to print anything longer than 8-10' if possible for tracking in the machine and laminator. I know I can print both panels at once, bu would like the option to print them one at a time. Thanks!

Sign Works

Doyle, I do this all the time with Versaworks without any problems, it sounds like you are trying to reRIP the file which is not necessary, just go into job settings and select the panel you want to print, deselect the ones you don't want printed, click OK, then click the Print button, not the RIP button again. Same thing when it comes to cutting after laminating, just go in and select cut only, OK, then the Print button. Hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll walk you through it more thoroughly.

Doyle

Sign Works, that is how it used to work for me, however, now versaworks forces me to reRIP the image when I chage tiles. I am not selecting to RIP it again at all, it is actually happening when I exit the settings screen, it autmoatically gives me the message that previously ripped data will be deleted. Are you running the most current version of the software?? If not, this could be the problem. As I said, I have done it in the past many times without a problem, it seems only recently I get this message. Thanks

signage

I don't have versawoks but sound like you may have an option set to delete file on exit or something like that.

Sign Works

Doyle, My Versaworks appears to be version 1.7.1, I got my printer about 9 months ago at which time the tech loaded Versaworks and updated it to it's most current version at that time, the printer & Versaworks has worked pretty much flawlessly from day one so I've felt that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" especially when I read all the posts regarding problems after updating. Good luck on finding the problem, I'd give Roland a call and see if they can help.

Doyle

Does anyone know if I will have any problems uninstalling versaworks and installing again from the original CD?