• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very First Image- 20" x 30" at 9000 shts/hr

RycckG

Very first image off new technology by Kodak... almost 8 weeks of setup so far, but here is the first full image. Printer is 92 ft long and prints 4 color aqueous with aqueous topcoat in line. Print production will begin Oct 1. This was only run as a test print but the running speed was 9000 sheets per hour. The test lasted about 3 minutes... 300 x 600 dpi on corrugated cardboard.

Attachments

• nascar.jpg
    nascar.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 101

iSign

so, did you print 450 sheets in those 3 minutes?
was it spitting out 40 or 50 prints side by side, using the full width on your test?
Got any youtube videos coming up?

RycckG

Thank you Rick... I will try to get a small video up later today or tomorrow. Today is dedicated to software and color management, but I will get something up this week.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Big Congrats on your new machine. :thumb:

How does one get a 92' piece of machinery in one's building ??

Must it be completely assembled on-site ??

We were recently looking at a machine 23' long and could not figure out how to negotiate corners to get it from the garage into the building without tearing down a wall. I just can't imagine having to maneuver something that size, let alone probably the weight factor. What's that thing weigh and how does it feed so many substrates at a time ??

It must take some time to do the initial loading and then start printing.

Is this the machine you said would do 10,000 4'x 8' an hour ??​

RycckG

VIDEO running 9000 sht/hr

Thank you... The machine came in about 12 pieces, thus the 8 weeks to install. The actual running speed is 400 ft/minute, so the shets/hr are dependent on the size. An 8' sheet would feed vertically thru the printer and would feed at 50 sheets p/minute or 3000 p/hr.

Here is a very quick video prior to shipping. You can see the feed mechanism. The stacker is not shown .. Note that each of the images is different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyT7rUG2BwA

RycckG

Oh yea.... would love to... I would love to hear about what you buy. If you are using many versions with color, I am sure we would be a very competitive option. If on the other hand, you are using lots of the same style and graphic, we may not be more competitive than traditional. I would be happy to quote. where are you located? You can email me at f.galiardo@colorstream.us