• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG-540 - Error 0400

wesker

Hello everyone, hope you can help me because I have a problem that I need to resolve quickly.

My Roland VG-540 (from 2017 but which prints very little - 2-3 jobs per month) shows me an error code 0400. I have already looked on the forum but seen nothing in my case.

The error started to happen from time to time a month ago and now it is no longer possible to print.

The error code only displays 0400, and nothing else for information?

When I turn it on, it does a first cleaning of 2:30 minutes, and at the end it starts another cleaning of 2:30. In the end, the error appears.

The machine is very, very clean, and nothing is leaking. Another information, even if the cap top (I think it's the name of the black piece where the head go) are very very clean, they have never been changed.

When i turn it on

Any suggestion would be welcome!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
0400 Pump suction error

I'm not bashing you here but I have to ask, why buy such a machine to only use it so little? It's costing you a good amount of money just in waste ink.

wesker

You totally right, no problem. In fact I bought this machine 6 month ago for 2500$ in second hand to a guy who was no able to use her with his associate for t-shirt (only 10 print in 2 year...). Problem, they removed the power of the machine for 7 month and the machine put error. So I bought this machine at a good price but with a lot of risk for the head, and clean all the head dried (a full weekend- especially for the white...) and now she work fine and I begin few job to launch my own business and printing really more.

Thank you for the answer code, I will watch this area tomorrow, and will give some
news !

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
See attached for details. It looks like you may need a good Roland tech to come in.

Attachments

• 0400 error.JPG
    0400 error.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 894

Joe House

0400 errors are a problem between the damper and waste ink tank, including possibly the damper fill sensor. I would start by replacing the cap tops. As long as that printer was sitting though, especially with the original TR inks - which dry very fast, you're likely going to need heads and dampers along with the cap tops at a minimum, but very likely, you'll need a new ink system - Ink lines, pumps, valves, etc. Also, check the dates on the ink bags. If they are over 2 years old, you'll want to flush the entire system before replacing the print heads and dampers if you don't replace the ink lines.

Good Luck

wesker

0400 errors are a problem between the damper and waste ink tank, including possibly the damper fill sensor. I would start by replacing the cap tops. As long as that printer was sitting though, especially with the original TR inks - which dry very fast, you're likely going to need heads and dampers along with the cap tops at a minimum, but very likely, you'll need a new ink system - Ink lines, pumps, valves, etc. Also, check the dates on the ink bags. If they are over 2 years old, you'll want to flush the entire system before replacing the print heads and dampers if you don't replace the ink lines.

Good Luck

Thank you for your reply. Honestly the machine is really not dry and the whole thing works perfectly since I was using it a week ago and the printing was perfect. I ask myself two questions: The first, is it possible to test the damper filler sensors? Because I have the feeling that the problem comes from. It tries to do 2 cleaning on ignition, and then at the end of the second, it cuts off.

Another lead: My ink dealer strongly advised me against white cartridges because I never use this ink and it clogs the machine. He then sells me flush cartridges that I place in the white. This has the effect of avoiding clogging, but given that the liquid is transparent and not white, could this be detected by the machine during cleaning? The fact that the ink is not opaque.

These are the only two possible tracks, because the whole is perfectly healthy, I checked and dismantled all the pumps.

You should know that the error happened gradually and not suddenly. Now she refuses to move forward.

Thanks for your help !

Last edited:

wesker

Finally I am once again disappointed with this forum. It is in fact just used to promote Roland dealers who do not give any specific help. Evasive advice that just tries to scare the customer and ends with "you need a good technician"! If I come on a forum hoping to have help, it is because I have my reasons and, it is not to hope that I am referred to a technician. Otherwise I call him directly. In short, still happy that there are other customers with whom we can discuss in private and who allowed me to obtain Peck 7 for my machine and to do the troubleshooting myself. I love my Roland machine, but when I see the technicians' mentality, and how Roland tries to restrict the customer to make them PAY at all costs (example restricting the service menu with TR2), I already know that my next machine will no longer be a Roland.

I understand that everyone has to live, but when I see the answer above, if I listen to the letter to this technician who is going to make me change half of my machine, I would have had for $ 4000. While I was able to solve the problem for $ 15 ... For my part, I will no longer come to this forum which is purely commercial. Good continuation.