• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

viewing pdf file incorrect?

gabagoo

I do not see this to often but it popped up yesterday and I start to wonder if you can trust anything you see anymore.

Customer sent me 4 pdf files which were created in photoshop. In 3 of them I could see the type style they were using in the graphics, all be it they were not high res enough for printing. The Final pdf file was a decal they wanted and when I opened it in acrobat to look at it, the font is completely different and the fill is weird too. The tops of any letters that were beyond a certain point changed colour.

I then tried saving and opening it in Signlab and it was looking for a font I did not have in my system and it made sense.
if all the files were created in photoshop why is it that I could see the proper font in 3 of the files but the last file it defaulted to something different?n I suspect it was a vector file but does photoshop do that?

This baffles me and although I dont see this to often I wonder about files I generate as pdf files if they are being viewed properly.

Is there something done or not done by the person who created it that makes this happen?

Freese

Could be made in a different version of Illustrator.

When PDF problems occur I usually ask everything to be converted to outline and/or saved as EPS.