• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vinyl and vehicle rivets

Mosh

SOOO, what did you do, and how did it turn out? I think everyone had great points and no ones is going to change how they do it but....

newyork

Well, MOSH I followed you advice and removed the screws (yes they were screws and not rivets, my bad), and it came out great!!! But, like I said before there is more then one way to skin a cat and I would love to get the videos and try all the other ways to see which one I like the best. This time I was at the end of my deadline and had to act quick, and I'm happy to tell you this "the customer was delighted". Thanks to everyone and please keep doing what you're doing.

Mosh

Glad I could help. Way easier than fighting over the tops. From 10' back you can't see the screws anyway. My biggest worry is losing a screw while doing it. I put them in a bucket. Also when wraping a side, we just do a panel at a time, so all the screws are not out at one time. Wish more trailer guys would use VHB.

Post a pic of it.

S

scarface

I simply poke small holes around the rivet in the vinyl and heat gun it then twist around and wahhhlaaa. I then heat one last time

Just clean the rivets up good first