• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Vinyl cutter guys making a big upgrade

Mascitti Bro

We've had a 30" cutter for 13 years (for hobby/extra income) primarily for truck/race car lettering, but the gig has taken a huge increase in interest/popularity the last three years, and after giving a ton of thought to the amount of projects we've turned-away in that same time due to the need for small-size stickers with company logos ( decals-LOTS of decals ) we've pulled the trigger on a larger, all-in-one printer/cutter that will arrive in January. While working on some current projects with my cutter I've thinking about how different the assembly process will be and thought it would be a good time to ask other folks who have gone thru the same upgrade-"time advantage" (the time i'm saving by NOT weeding and layering multiple colored vinyl over each other, etc.???-That's the first one that comes to mind) any others??
I will need to touch on the ever-popular topic of how to correctly understand how to cost/price out this new (to us) product in the near future, would love to know a source that will plainly explain it- particularly smaller logos, euro sticker-sized items as well as the size for door numbers on race cars. Thanks in advance!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your first course of action is to find a place to put this new machine and also to your arsenal.... add a laminator and find ample space for the use of that machine, too. Otherwise, your prints will be pretty much worthless without proper lamination. If you think you can do it without laminating, you'll be in for a big surprise, when you start getting a lotta call backs. Providing your initial process, gave your hobby friends a product, they could count on for years. Without lamination and certain conditions will only yield 2 or so years.

Mascitti Bro

Lamination-yes, that purchase is on the board in the next few weeks as well. Have done some initial mapping out of where equipment will go and have determined that printer will stay in office area like the current cutter is, and laminator will be where current work/assembly area is. Appreciate the insight!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You don't want the laminator in a work area. Dust and contamination will ruin a perfectly good print, every time. It needs an almost dust-free area, also.